GPS for 03 Busa

LiBusa

Registered
I ordered a Garmin Zumo 550. It should be here on 4 Jan 08. Any suggestions on where to mount screen unit and what should I use with bluetooth capability in helmet? Is there a bluetooth headset available?

I've seen reviews on Cardo Scala Ride and Motorola HS830 headsets. Also, I use a Palm Treo 700P cell phone I believe there is compatability concerns between GPS, phone & headset. What would be the best bluetooth headset to buy to match all these items?

LiBusa, I have all that you described...the Zumo is mounted on a Techmount, perfect for the Busa. I actually used Bluetooth but went back to wired because I added a good radar detector and couldn't interface it with bluetooth....now I've got radar, XM radio, MP-3, Zumo lady giving directions, and leave the Treo in my tankbag! I could hardline the Treo back in but, to me, the last thing I want on my bike is cell phone calls! Anyways, go to chatterbox web site, call their tech guys, they'll set you up with helmet bluetooth system for + or - $400. Hey...some advice, I don't use any of it if charging the canyons, especially with others, I used to but I believe it can be too distracting for a sport that requires 100% focus. When on a long otherwise boring drone...it's awesome. Take care, Raydog

mt_lassen_ride_6_19_07008.JPG

As far as the motorola headset is concerned I don't remember the site, it may have been CNET. I just googled "Motorola bluetooth HS830 headset. I remember several subject sites came up.

Hello Raydog,
I'm interested in your Techmount. Do you have any more pictures of the mount and where did you buy? Also, I want to make it easy and cheap: 1. I want to stay in touch with my family via cell, there is some health issues I want to stay close to. 2. I want to hear voice commands from the GPS. Do you know if the Cardo Scala Rider will bluetooth with the Treo 700P and the Garmin Zumo 550. The cost including shipping to my door for the Scala is $120.00.
Regards,
Lionel

Just Google Techmount, all their products are pictured, it fits in the hole that exists in the middle of the top triple tree/frame junction, it's perfect for your described needs, when I ran the Treo, it fit in the front zipper pocket of my Tourmaster tankbag. I know there to be 3-4 good companies that have installable mic and velcro ear speakers that will retrofit into most modern full face helmets. If I can find the brochure of the one that impressed me the most (on display at Laguna Seca Moto GP last July), I'll PM you the name (I'll look tonight). Don't forget Chatterboxes website, they're one of em. Raydog

P1000693.JPG

OK I found it....go to Torkworld.com or bikeintercom.com also the people at rka-luggage.com are incredible for ALL electronic motorcycle fitment. Later, Raydog

I ordered a Garmin Zumo 550. It should be here on 4 Jan 08. Any suggestions on where to mount screen unit and what should I use with bluetooth capability in helmet? Is there a bluetooth headset available?

I've seen reviews on Cardo Scala Ride and Motorola HS830 headsets. Also, I use a Palm Treo 700P cell phone I believe there is compatability concerns between GPS, phone & headset. What would be the best bluetooth headset to buy to match all these items?
I was using the Cardo Scala Rider headset, and it worked perfectly with my PDA cell phone that I use to play my MP3's. I traded up to the more expensive J&M HS-BLU277 headset because it supported A2DP stereo, where the Cardo did not.

For you, I would go with the Cardo.
You pair your Treo to the GPS, so you can see Caller ID on the GPS scren. You pair the GPS to your Cardo headset, so you can hear the GPS and listen to MP3's you can store on it. When you get a call, it will display on your GPS, then you have the option of answering it by hitting the button on the headset. The Zumo 550, doesn't support A2DP stereo, although you will hear music in both ear pieces on the Cardo.

The volume is really loud on the Cardo, even with ear plugs, but the J&M is way louder. The J&M, which cost $283, can pair 5 devices since it is Bluetooth V2.0, where the Cardo is V1.2.

Thanks Ray Dog and Sane_man I'll send pix to board once I get this stuff installed.

Regards,
Lionel

Back