Zumo 550 question

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
This is a weird one, and I hope I word it correctly, but I have a question.
This is what I want to do with my Zumo and I would love it is someone can tell me if it is even possible.
I want to pair my Zumo with my phone (bluetooth of course) and then run a headset from my phone (wired) to earbuds. I want to listen to Pandora on the phone. My question is will the Zumo still give me directions through the earphones, or is it totally not designed to work that way? I'm trying to avoid buying a communicator (Chatterbox, Scala, etc) just to get music and directions. Can anyone help me with this? Any bluetooth/garmin gurus out there? :beerchug:

Thanks in advance!

Just to clarify, I want to use the music from my phone (pandora) not the music from my Zumo. Also when you say I can plug my phones into the port, do you mean on the zumo? I'd like to plug the headphones into my phone, not the zumo. Does this make sense?
Thanks!:beerchug:

Hmmmmm :whistle: I don't know on that tip. I know what your asking tho. My iphone lets me listen to Pandora and other internet radio apps, mp3's and use MotionX GPS Drive with turn by turn voice command(iphone app). Receive/Send phone calls and it's through one ear piece and device.
$1.99 for MotionX app, internet radio free, mp3's free.
I give this hook-up a 4 out of 5 stars

Hmmmmm :whistle: I don't know on that tip. I know what your asking tho. My iphone lets me listen to Pandora and other internet radio apps, mp3's and use MotionX GPS Drive with turn by turn voice command(iphone app). Receive/Send phone calls and it's through one ear piece and device.
$1.99 for MotionX app, internet radio free, mp3's free.
I give this hook-up a 4 out of 5 stars

But the whole fun of the Zumo is being waterproof, and being able to input my own custom maps. :thumbsup:

I don't care for GPS through the phone. It's too hard to make changes to while I'm trying to actually ride. :beerchug:

Well I tried to link the zumo and the phone last night and it works but it won't do what I want. :( it will only allow me to use the phone through the gps and not the other way around. That stinks...

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

The Zumo has MP-3, put whatever you want on a storage card, insert card into Zumo port and have it all, including Bluetooth to phone. Earbuds go from ears to Zumo, been doing it for years! Raydog

Back