Helmet headsets...any suggestions?

Shindo97

Registered
Hey guys...As soon as my 2008 gets back fromt he custom painters in Dallas here in tx..ill be riding a lot..

My girlfriend lives in Houston, and I in austin..its a 2.5 hour ride...love makin the trip every weekend...

I HAVE NEVER ever considered using a helmet headset that bluetooths to my phone so i have very little knowledge of any products...money not an option...

I have heard of Chatterbox, and thats it..

I am looking to get a Garmin Zumo 550 for navigation...what can i use to talk to my girlfriend as im riding??

Screw talkin, just call her before you leave to go see her. 4 minutes later you'll be at her front door
smile.gif
3 if you really rock it.
I'm gonna jack the thread for a second if you dont mind.
I know alot of guys that talk on the phone while riding, but what makes them/you different from the soccer moms runing people of the road and not payin attention b/c shes on the phone.

BTW i usually ride with and MP3 player.
lurk.gif

Screw talkin, just call her before you leave to go see her. 4 minutes later you'll be at her front door
smile.gif
3 if you really rock it.
I'm gonna jack the thread for a second if you dont mind.
I know alot of guys that talk on the phone while riding, but what makes them/you different from the soccer moms runing people of the road and not payin attention b/c shes on the phone.

BTW i usually ride with and MP3 player.
lurk.gif
I've talked on the phone on the busa but only on a couple of rare occasions. Which hand should you use was always the primary dilemma. Depends if you're at a stop light or cruisin' down the freeway. Seriuosly!!!

Hands free, now, that's a different story. I think I could hand with that.

Plus not putting on any makeup, not bawling out the kids in the back of the mini-van, not chugging a Cappuccino, etc. That's what's different about me and the soccer mom.

laugh.gif

--Wag--

Might want to check out the new scala Q2. I have not messed with it yet, but I am thinking of getting one for my Zumo 550. I did check out the functionality with the Chatterbox bluetooth and it syncs in about 20 seconds with the Zumo 550. I have heard better things in the past about scala though. Chatterbox is also VERY expensive since it also has gprs radio.

Take a look at the Autocom units Linky

It offers rider to passenger communication, has inputs for cell phone, GPS/Radar detector, MP3 player, and two-way radio for bike-to-bike communication. There's also a bluetooth adapter for it. Further, the Zumo 550 is fully supported!

Back