Cell phone law needed.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 03 2007,13:06) I'll tell you this, just like a CDL and a Class M license you should have to get an endorsement to talk and drive.

Some people have the mental capacity to function in life and others should be demoted to the bus.

Don't make me suffer because Suzie cant chat with her GFs, drive, and look at herself in the mirror all at once.

I do business on the phone while I am driving everyday and have no problem what so ever carrying on a conversation while maintain 65 mph
Maybe. I could make the argument that I can ride my Busa after drinking a six pack and I'm not impaired, because I haven't hit anyone yet,

We all pay for what someone else does.. Some fool goes and shoots up some place and they make gun laws against me ( us) . Guns aint bad people are just stupid... Someone said the other day that there are more gun laws since 911.. But if all the passengers on the planes had guns the event probably wouldnt have happened.. Bottom line, dont pass restrictions on me because someone else is Goofy and stupid... ( good example " someone cant ride a bicycle yet gets on a motorcycle and wrecks and kills someone so we now outlaw motorcycles " NOT!

(FAVahalik @ Oct. 03 2007,16:14)
(heavybusa @ Oct. 03 2007,13:06) I'll tell you this, just like a CDL and a Class M license you should have to get an endorsement to talk and drive.

Some people have the mental capacity to function in life and others should be demoted to the bus.

Don't make me suffer because Suzie cant chat with her GFs, drive, and look at herself in the mirror all at once.

I do business on the phone while I am driving everyday and have no problem what so ever carrying on a conversation while maintain 65 mph
Maybe. I could make the argument that I can ride my Busa after drinking a six pack and I'm not impaired, because I haven't hit anyone yet,
yes you could, and I say that there is no way to protect people from themselves.

But dont make me suffer for someone else's ignorance.

(PocketRocket @ Oct. 03 2007,16:16) We all pay for what someone else does.. Some fool goes and shoots up some place and they make gun laws against me ( us) . Guns aint bad people are just stupid... Someone said the other day that there are more gun laws since 911.. But if all the passengers on the planes had guns the event probably wouldnt have happened.. Bottom line, dont pass restrictions on me because someone else is Goofy and stupid... ( good example " someone cant ride a bicycle yet gets on a motorcycle and wrecks and kills someone so we now outlaw motorcycles " NOT!
Amen.
brave.gif

I've stopped having a cell phone. Funny, but life has continued normally. My friends were mad at first, but now they have to think and plan ahead a little better.
biggrin.gif
It's good for them to use the brain

Sorry if this offends anyone but a cell destroyed my beautiful 04 L.E.  I hate it when I see people driving with their phone pressed against their ear.  Use a head set or don't talk on the darn phone!  I wish they would pass a law.  I have even seen police gabbing on the phone wile driving, I am sure it was business, "Yeah Right".
rant.gif

BTW I have had 2 brainiacs drive under my trailer while they were on the phone. I don't mind being hit while in my semi as much as I would on my busa.

well here in phoenix you might get your wish.
they just outlawed texting while driveing
super.gif
sounds good right?
but the people who pased the law now say they are looking into other distractions, like cell phones, raidos and dash mounted gps.
ban one then want to ban everything.
guns.gif

(ranman @ Oct. 03 2007,17:flamethrowing:) well here in phoenix you might get your wish.
super.gif
  sounds good right?
but the people who pased the law now say they are looking into other distractions, like cell phones, raidos and dash mounted gps.
guns.gif
If they ban all of this, how many will stop driving?

Less traffic makes me happy. And I don't use any of those items on the Busa so I'm good.
AAAssjani.gif

(FAVahalik @ Oct. 03 2007,13:14)

Maybe.  I could make the argument that I can ride my Busa after drinking a six pack and I'm not impaired, because I haven't hit anyone yet,
Hey, I've been a passenger in cars with people who can't drive as well as I can after I've had a six pack. I have to agree with heavy here though... Some people can't keep it together driving and talking, others can. I drive a manual and can talk & shift & drive without problems.

If my attention is ever diverted because too much is going on, it's diverted to the road and I stop listening to the person I'm talking to.

Kinda like speeding... some can handle it, others can't. I've been issued almost a ticket a year (always for speeding) since I've had my liscence (thx to the lawyer for keeping my record clean), but never been in an accident, either at my fault or anyone elses.

I'd be 100% supportive of testing people for reactive awareness while talking on a phone. The DMV needs driving simulators for these kinds of things, lol.

(TurboSN95 @ Oct. 03 2007,14:34) here in CT, it seems like MORE people talk on cellphones now that we have a law implemented.  
guns.gif
Truth! If I see someone swerving all over the road I know they are either drunk or an a cell phone.
all_coholic.gif

The police don't enforce it. The people drive like nuts in this state. Add to it the complete distraction of driving while on a cell phone and you really risk your life out there.

I work for the State of Kansas ( KDOT ) as a Highway Maintenance Supervisor and I personally think they should start enforcing some sort of law to stop or ticket people who are caught using there cell phones while operating there vehicles, In the last 2 mos I have been called in on weekends and late night's to deal with fatality accidents on our Highway due to people wrecking due to cell phone use and neglecting to pay attention while driving on the interstate. The last 2 mos have been the most active for fatalities due to plain ignorance .(10) Deaths ranging from 16 yrs old to 60 yrs old, Most of the time the innocent driver or passenger in the other car that was struck has died, It's all because of the irresponsible drivers who think that they can do it and nothing will ever happen, Just plain STUPID !!!!!! Just my 2 cents.

(kaosccw @ Oct. 03 2007,08:57)
(ranman @ Oct. 03 2007,17
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) well here in phoenix you might get your wish.
super.gif
  sounds good right?
guns.gif
If they ban all of this, how many will stop driving?

Less traffic makes me happy. And I don't use any of those items on the Busa so I'm good.  
AAAssjani.gif
Stop driving? They are not driving now, that's the problem.

(bitabur @ Oct. 03 2007,18:01)
(FAVahalik @ Oct. 03 2007,13:14)

Hey, I've been a passenger in cars with people who can't drive as well as I can after I've had a six pack. I have to agree with heavy here though... Some people can't keep it together driving and talking, others can. I drive a manual and can talk & shift & drive without problems.

If my attention is ever diverted because too much is going on, it's diverted to the road and I stop listening to the person I'm talking to.

Kinda like speeding... some can handle it, others can't. I've been issued almost a ticket a year (always for speeding) since I've had my liscence (thx to the lawyer for keeping my record clean), but never been in an accident, either at my fault or anyone elses.

I'd be 100% supportive of testing people for reactive awareness while talking on a phone. The DMV needs driving simulators for these kinds of things, lol.
OK, ok. I agree with what you're saying to some extent. Personally, I think that I could drink a 12 pack and drive better than some who are sober.

But, that is the exception, and not the rule. If we line up 50 people and have them all drink a 6 pack, most of them would be way more accident prone than 50 people who are sober. I think think that the same statistics have been compiled for people talking on cell phones.

There are always a few exceptions, but it doesn't make sense to say there are a few who can do well, so we let the ones who can't do well drive and talk or drive and drink. We know that will lead to more death than saying everyone is grounded.

Aside from that, I say we agree to disagree and move on (to my next beer, anyway).

Heres a thought , every year the system makes more and more laws .The system gets rich!!! So the system has a need to pass laws to get more$$$ .I'd say take the $$ collected and use it for ST.Jude etc.. That way the system isnt as Greedy and someone in need gets help.. Its really against my nature to give up my rights because of something that someone else does. EX I know I max out my credit cards and make a law that everyone else has to pay them off for me..( its the same thing)
bowdown.gif

I suggest you all move out of florida... It has its own FARK tag line... No other state does...
tounge.gif

I'm not for driving and talking on a cell phone, but I am DEFINATELY against making a bunch of laws like this.

This is not what the gov. is for. To make seat belt laws, cell phone laws, etc...

All you end up doing is making the gov bigger and bigger.

Besides, you really think a law will make any difference. Speed limit is 65pmh in LA, yet people drive 80mph every single day.

Laws only work if they're enforced. I don't support most laws, but since we have 1 against DUI, what's the difference?

Back