Cell Phone use DANGER to Riders

OB_FalconCOP161

Registered
Some states it's law,,some not,,may be a good idea to check with your congress men or whoever ?? to get this law on the books,,to make it a Violation to use the Cell phone while Driving.

Way too many Bikers/Drivers get killed every year when these morons behind the wheel drift's into & crosses the double line cause he/she is in LA-La land on the phone.

We're trying to make it Law here in NJ. Just the other Day while on a 911 (Heart Attack) Call, this women would not yield to my Lights/Siren/Strobs/ANYTHING !!WHY..cause this Bitchh was on the cell Phone.
Took her plate Down,,cause I couldn't pull her over at the Time,,So she got a Nice "INSURANCE RAISING COUPON" in the Mail.

I'll make it my Mission to "Find a violation" if I see someone on the Cell phone.Until it becomes Law.

We also All do from time to time,,just be aware of what you're/we're doing.

161 ®

Hey Falcon, I wish you were a cop here in El Paso. That is one of the reasons I NEVER ride during peak traffic hours. I don't use it while driving, period. I heard some states will allow 'hands free' mode: that is crap. It is the same distraction; it just lets you drive a manual. I wish they were banned at the federal level. Keep your eyes open!!

I'm with ya on this one FC - Outlaw the damn cell phones while driving on the road.

Then maybe cage drivers will stop calling and reporting my riding!! :0

I got pulled over last month on my way back to Dallas from the Hill Country - Cop pulled me and the R-1 I wait for over while we were riding through town (small town and we were obeying all traffic laws). She was pissed when she stormed out of her cage. Said that people were calling from two counties away complaining about us. "...going so fast they couldn't tell what kind of bikes they were."

She did the usual, ran our plates, license, insurance etc. and let us go. (good girl!)

911 use the exception,,but these people have no clue whats around them.

Good thing we have "Warp Speed" to get away from these Fukers..it's the ASSSHole on the otherside of the Yellow we gotta watch,,together with every other Cage out there.

161 ®

i know your all going to get stuck into me on this one, but i dont care.
americans all having a big sook about drivers using cell phones, yet at the same time its legal to buy a machine gun that can kill hundreds in seconds.
i dont know how many guns there are in america, but i know theres an awful lot.

in australia we are not allowed to own automatic guns, not that id want one or have ever owned any gun.
and the use of cell phones wilst driving is already illegal, but we all still do it.

the phone rings i anwser it-simple- i can even answer my phone and drive safe at the same time, dialing a number whilst driving is dangerous though.

so what am i saying
(american term which we all laugh about here in australia, know what im saying, know what im saying, know what im saying over and over and over again on ricky lake, its sickening)
im saying if americans want to stop people getting killed then get rid of the guns worry about the phones later.

packa thinks to himself {their not going to like this}
but i dont care
regards all
packa
your aussie mate
lol

It's very easy to Enforce. Even though we all have done it from time to time. It's time these Cage-Clowns Notice "US" Riders. And after the Incident where the Women would not get out of my way on a 911 Call,,I'm more determined to whack these people.

But as for Riders,,,Just use your Speed dials as you go 100+ on your Busa :) kidding.

161 ®

i never said i judge america in any way let alone by what i see on ricky lake "know what im saying"

let me give you an example of something i and about a zillion others saw on tv and no doubt have judged america by what they saw.

lets just say your an american your in some shop or cafe some where having a good time no doubt.

all of a sudden theirs two dropkicks armed to the teeth with weapons that should only be available to the army. also wearing heavy body armer, they have just botched some robery somewhere and are being pursued by the cops.

im sure you know the incident that im talking about already. now im this american dood sitting in a cafe or shop happy to be alive and relaxed.

all of a sudden theirs heavy machine gun fire going everywhere. and the **** really hits the fan.

i was happy, i was relaxed, now im dead, and all because of the first amendment, well thats ok then is it? no.

now i think you all just need to drop the first amendment bullcrap and hand in your guns, a scene like that just does not happen here in aus and i would not live anywhere else.

so what you say ! not only would i not live anywhere else and as much as i would love to see america las vegas included, i would never visit america when such dangers are present.

what if i was driving a hired merc on my holiday and a punk with a .38 came to my window, shot me maybe killed me.
i sure as hell would not have a gun.

do tourist all get a bazooka for protection when their driving down the road to visit disney land ? no

fact is america sucks, its probably a really beutiful place but the perhaps small percentage of people who do these things make it an unacceptable risk to visit.

just to keep this all relevant as one poster requested, as all of this war was happening
a aussie tourist rode his zx12r right into the middle of the gunfight. he was wearing the latest body armer which he hired from the visiting america shop at melbourne airport.

he got off his bike and went into the bakery and got a donut, as he came outside he waved to the cameras in the helicopters and then did a huge burnout, the cops then all left the gun battle and chased him down the road.

the aussie on the zx12r got away easily, why? because the cops were all riding piece of crap hayabusas.

your good mate
packa
lol

Laff while you Can, Monkey Boy! 'Kaw HAS a cell phone on his bike! He's gonna have more gadgets on that thar thing than Disneys got Dollars, by the time his through messing with it! The stuff that makes it faster might even compensate for the other stuff...Allthough I'll have to admitt...cell phones piss Hapo off too...so do folks preening despretly in the mirror, like they gonna improve thier apearence stabbing at themselves while running folks outa their lane...I've even seen ladys putting on their fuking make up at 75mph! (see most dangerous driver post for Hapo's Vote) The thing is, most bikers, even the crusiers, are actualy paying a good amont of attention to operating their motor vehiecle, and many cage drivers simply ain't! Even the ones whut ain't half asleep usualy have no were near the situational awareness of even the below average biker...

packa mate you gotta try and keep it bike related. You should re-phrase to the effect of in America you can buy an automatic weapon to kill hundreds of motorcyclist while driving around in your cage full of ammo !

It is illegal in the UK to use your phone while driving, although hands free units are ok.

And consider yourselves lucky, more than 60% of Japanese cars are equiped with navigation screens or televisions to keep the driver distracted from actually driving. You just don't want to ride behind someone watching a football game !!!

Yeah right packa clown. All the law abiding citizens should give up their guns so the CRIMINALS will stop using their guns illegally.

packa: "Mr. Criminal please turn in your big bad gun - right now!"

Mr Criminal: "Duh OK here ya go packa clown -take all my guns and drugs - I'm SO sorry"

Clueless Aussie. One Fosters too many?

Using your perverse logic we should also:

1. Require all drivers to turn in their cars because drunk drivers kill people with theirs.
1b. Let's also pass laws against all consumption & possession of alcohol since people die because of it. [That's been tried with the same disasterous results your ridiculous proposition would achieve]

2. Require all bikers to turn in their bikes because some bikers run from the police.

3. Require all computer users to turn in their computers because some users make illegal threats and hack into systems with theirs.

4. Require all citizens to turn in their telephones since they are used for criminal purposes. (including murder for hire)

5. Require all law abiding citizens to turn in their knives, screwdrivers, baseball bats, crowbars etc etc because these are used in crimes.

[Obviously we could go on here endlessly]

The guns used in the California incident you speak of were already being used/possessed illegally. Those criminals didn't follow existing laws did they? Ever wonder why we refer to criminals as LAWBREAKERS? These types of weapons are only used in a tiny fraction of all crimes committed. It's apparent you have very little knowledge of this particular incident or crime in general when in comes to the U.S. Turn off the b.s. TV shows and try some bonafide research for a change. While you are at it you might want to take a look at the U.S. Constitution since it is NOT the first amendment that provides for ownership of firearms as you wrote.

Here's a simple challenge for you packa -
When ALL the criminals have turned in their guns THEN come back and ask for mine until then TAKE A HIKE. Removing the means for law abiding citizens to protect themselves is ludicrous. Providing the means for citizens to protect themselves has been proven to LOWER crime.

Your good mate

Todd ®

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 18 December 1999).]

Yea FC that's what we need another law that can't be enforced.I would get the no DL, INS and the DUI's off the road first! This would take about 50% off the road in Florida.

point not taken my good mate todd
handing in guns doesnt work eh?
even a fool would agree that australia also has criminals.
it even has criminals with guns
but they are very hard to get
and after many years of not allowing guns they will be even harder to get.
wanker todd you can have your guns, but dont sook when they kill you or someone close to you.
handing in guns has to start somewhere, it might as well start with you.
at least if a cop pulls someone over and sees an automatic in the back seat, he doesnt have to check to see whether it or the owner is legal, he already knows.
it may take 50 years and many deaths to get all the guns off the street once their illegal.
i will ask you a ? wanker todd whens the last time you saw on the news that a kid had gone into a school and killed people in australia.
no need to anwser wanker todd because it doesnt happen, i dont like mondays baby.

when im riding my zx12r down the street i know that no one is going to come towards me with a gun at my head and ask for my bike.

you want your guns by all means have them.
live by the gun die by the gun
and fu#kyou while your at it

your good mate
packa

i love that bit

lol

Right on jim p. This country would be a safer place for all of us if all the laws we have now were enforced. For example, I regularly see teens/preteens smoking cigarettes in public. You never see em getting arrested. They say it's hard to enforce but the same scenario with a marijuana cigarette would likely lead to a arrest/citation. Imagine how many lives this law would save if there were serious repercussions for underage tobacco use? Peer pressure is tough as a teen. A stiff penalty is one more excuse for a pressured teen to say no. Maybe this added fear would buy a teen some time to mature. Maybe they would choose not to smoke period? The phone law is a great idea if it will be actively enforced. I believe they're trying to pass that law here in AZ. Unfortunately, 1st offense will be a warning, 2nd, a $35 ticket and after a ba-zillion more violations,a license suspension. In my opinion, not much of a deterrent. Packa- mate. Gun control is a great idea if you could actually get rid of all the guns. Gun control in the USA would put guns in the hands of criminals only, not law abiding citizens (making them easy marks,know what I'm saying?). My cage (I drive it 3 times a month) is a new Mercedes. I went into the city one night(Phoenix,America's 4th largest I believe) and while sitting at a stoplight alone at 2a.m. some thug approached me asking for a dollar(typical phrase used to distract you by thugs about to rip you off), he was holding something in his hand. I didn't know what it was so I went with my gut feeling a drew my weapon. I said "drop it!" as the bad guy(obviously surprised) stared straight into the barrel of my Desert Eagle .44(the Hayabusa of handguns), he stepped back and dropped, a puny by comparison .38 on the ground. Light turned green, I took off, safe,alive. You should've seen the look on his face when he realized my yuppie cage was packing heat. I bet he'll think twice next time he wants to jack someone in a nice car. If I wouldn't have reacted the way I did, I could very well have been robbed and/or killed. Now I can go on w/ my life and be free to ride my scoots, only to be killed by someone in a car talking on a cell phone. Know what I'm saying???

[This message has been edited by Squid Vicious (edited 18 December 1999).]

I'm a big cell phone user yet I agree that they shouldn't be used while driving... A law that says that would be OK with me. It would be easy enough to enforce too. If they're rolling and it's up to their face bust'em.

packa... You're right there are lots of other laws that need to be tightened/ changed or enforced. No question there. But given America's well known imperfections, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Big part of my job and how I make money. I use a hands free arrangement-phone plugs into a booster/charger. I have a Mic and speaker so that my hands are free. Fortunately, I am coordinated enough and intelligent enough to do more than one thing at a time-WITH BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL. You would never know i am on the phone anyway.
Lets compromise-Hands free operation O.K.

I think smoking, eating, and drinking (coffee, soda, etc.) is just as bad. Nothing like an average fat american stuffing cheeseburgers into their mug. And as long as were on it --woman putting make-up on in their mirror while driving ranks high also.

Bob

The old UK covered that one aswell ! Eating and drinking while driving is a big no-no ! Actually I think (not 100% sure) any activity in the car that is likely to distract your attention while driving is illegal. But to be realistic I have never heard anyone get prosecuted about it, to get fined for something like this you must have been a real a55hole and been abusive when getting the lecture.

The main effect of the UK laws is to bring it to the attention of drivers that such activity is dangerous. You don't have police going around enforcing such a petty law, they have better things to do, but as in the case that FC describes it does give them that backing of the law to prosecute someone that through their inattention is endangering others and they know exactly what they have done wrong.

[This message has been edited by dazee (edited 18 December 1999).]

While some whom post on this forum do not agree on some, several, or all issues presented for discussion, I do not believe it is in good taste to directly curse at them. Before you know it we'll have a bit of a text version shouting match and have to go elsewhere to enjoy a discussion of what brought us to these pages in the first place.

Sure we all like to give a tweak to the others to rile up a hot topic and find out how others really really feel. But to be outright abusive to intentionally hurt feelings or provoke people in a negative way is by most standards way off scope for this board. I can say "F" "U" all day and receive the same, sure. Where are we getting? Nowhere fast.

So you write that you have, or are getting a ZX-12R, packa? Good for you. I look forward to reading more motorcycle text from all the members.

Everyone here is right about phones and similar driver distractions making it more and more dangerous for us riders. But isn't it kinda pointless to focus on just one very obvious distraction?

Cell phones, hamburgers and map reading are self-advertising distractions. You can easily see them in action when you ride anywhere near them, so they make you angry.

But think about all the invisible distractions that rob even more driver attention than cell phones: divorce, pain from physical injury, job stress, mental problems, intoxication, prescription cross-effects, sexual failure, fatigue, getting a blowjob*, the radio, overly tight shoes, migraine headaches...

When you're on a bike, ALL other drivers must be considered equally poisonous AT ALL TIMES. Cage & truck drivers are dangerous per se.

You can't afford to guess who's a good driver and who's not. That doddering old man on the phone in the Buick may be an ex motorcycle road race champion with total focus and sharp reflexes. That prosperous and athetic looking 35 year old in the BMW may be dyslexic, near-sighted, drunk and angry.

If cell phones disappeared from the face of the earth tomorrow I wouldn't feel one bit safer from the dweebs.

I believe the only solution is to make almost as tough to get a driving licence as it is to get a pilot's licence.

But that ain't gonna fly, and we all know why.

*Yes, I know you can see a blowjob from a bike.

Back