Wife wants cell phone for 11 Year Old Daughter

She's not that smart - yet...but give her 3 more years I'll have to be on my toes...

You have no idea just how quickly they learn this stuff...ask Omar, since he's been living here in Virginia, I'm forever amazed at the questions my 10 year old son has for Omar about all-things-technical-and-cell-phone-related, and he doesn't even have a cell phone. They figure this stuff out, and if they don't already know it, their friends do LOL Your fear of her being sent innapropriate images is a real one, and it's not just kids doing this...gotta watch out for those peds that get off on this stuff...

My son is 3 and he masters our phones already. People are amazed when they see him scroll through the menus and apps then locate and run the game he wants to play.

If he see something requiring a credit card pop up he knows not to touch and backs out to his game. Kids these days are very surprizing in what they know.

I could not imagine this generation waiting until kindergarden to start their schooling like we did back in the day.

You have no idea just how quickly they learn this stuff...ask Omar, since he's been living here in Virginia, I'm forever amazed at the questions my 10 year old son has for Omar about all-things-technical-and-cell-phone-related, and he doesn't even have a cell phone. They figure this stuff out, and if they don't already know it, their friends do LOL Your fear of her being sent innapropriate images is a real one, and it's not just kids doing this...gotta watch out for those peds that get off on this stuff...

exactly....

My 11 year old has one. Hers is pre-paid. She has unlimited talk, text, and web for $45/mo. We bought the phone for $20 when K-Mart was closing down in my area.

Back