Are you dependant on a cell phone? - No or Yes

• No

Votes: 76 100.0%

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
THIS APPLIES TO CRACKBERRIES ALSO!!!

Are you DEPENDENT on a cell phone? Addicted to possible constant communication? Unable to layout and follow a plan WITHOUT making followup calls to verify? Does your world stop when your "Bars are low"?

If so, what happened to your brain? Why aren't you able to store up that ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION until later?

Is it BENEFITTING your life or simply ENABLING it to be MORE hectic, more overwhelming, more of more nothing?

I got rid of my digital LEASH a couple years ago and it really opened my eyes. My friends became stupid and irresponsible, unable to keep meetings and lost their integrity of not doing what they say they would do. Why? Because a cell phone lets you call and change plans on the fly without reguard to others plans... because others can use THEIR cell to call and rechange THEIR plans.
Dumb stuff. My eyes have really opened up. I may never get another one.

"...but you don't have kids...." Yeah? Somehow, *I* survived childhood just fine without having a cell phone. My parents raised me to be self responsible, no digital leash needed.

I don't know if you would call it dependent, but I got rid of my landline in the home and now only pay one phone bill (cell). It is cheaper in the long run with the long distance included and such. Being military transplants until they started bundling long distance, that was eating us up because I am close to my mom!

So we ONLY have cell phones to get in touch with us, but if I want to sleep, relax, read, enjoy family or hubby, you can bet that cell is OFF!!

Yeah...I use a land-line for business faxes, but other than that, I have no purpose for lines.

Freedom.

Unfortunately my job Requires me to have one at all time, I am on call 24 hrs a day & 365 days a year. I am not dependent on a cell phone but they do come in handy when you need 1.
thumb_up.gif

I use mine for a clock... I don't like wearing a watch, to many poeple asking what time it was. plus I have family outside of town, so long distance calls anytime are free (same carrier)
cool.gif

The only reason I have a cell phone is because my husband wants me to have one...other than that I can live with out it.

Someone told me that I'm 'too connected to the world'
winkold.gif

"Hello. My name is Omar and I'm a Crackberry addict..."

My job actually requires me to carry a phone; we went to Blackberrys about 4 years ago. I'm lucky, I usually get to play with all the new toys before they are released now..
biggrin.gif
I've got a couple of new 'shoe phones' that I'm playing with
coolold.gif

winkold.gif

My job actually requires me to carry a phone; we went to Blackberrys about 4 years ago. I'm lucky, I usually get to play with all the new toys before they are released now..
biggrin.gif
coolold.gif
Hey Omar you ever check www.ppcgeeks.com or www.xda-developers.com? they have a ton of stuff to tweek your Phone. I activated my GPS on mine and use TomTom, Pluse upgraded My radio software. Heck I even have Rev A on my phone.

Being in Real Estate, I was dependent on my Crackberry. But it also helped me make more money than was possible in the past. Most leads as an agent with thousands of other agents competing for the same leads came down to who responded first to the client. I could get emails immediately, schedule a really hectic day, have my assistant beam my appointments to me and keep my schedule instantly at my fingertips. In the new healthcare business, I am able to instantly follow up as with real estate, and also keep all my leads organized and keep a schedule of times to follow up. I can keep notes and tasks well managed to effectively manage my day. I was also able to look up homes on the go and get instant directions in real estate without having to run back to the office.
If it was not for running a business, my phone would be tossed out the car window the first chance I got. It was nice back in the day when you were not reachable so easily and people had to wait for you to get home to get your messages and to call people back.

winkold.gif

biggrin.gif
coolold.gif
Hey Omar you ever check www.ppcgeeks.com or www.xda-developers.com? they have a ton of stuff to tweek your Phone. I activated my GPS on mine and use TomTom, Pluse upgraded My radio software. Heck I even have Rev A on my phone.
We're all Blackberry now. I still have a Treo 750 that I play with... I've done a bunch of hacks on it. We're on AT&T...I hacked it to get the HSDPA speeds before AT&T even released the capability.

My wife moved from and HTC PPC to Blackberry. I run my on Blackberry server at home for her; she can't get rid of it now! Everytime I get a new 'toy' from work...she wants one too! LOL

winkold.gif

biggrin.gif
coolold.gif
We're all Blackberry now. I still have a Treo 750 that I play with... I've done a bunch of hacks on it. We're on AT&T...I hacked it to get the HSDPA speeds before AT&T even released the capability.

My wife moved from and HTC PPC to Blackberry. I run my on Blackberry server at home for her; she can't get rid of it now! Everytime I get a new 'toy' from work...she wants one too! LOL
I saw a post a while ago that you had showing the new BlackBerry, I want it!!!!!

My brother is almost like you ... carries a cell phone and ONLY turns it on to make a call, when required. No voicemail either. Wish I could be like that ... I'm waiting for the July 11 release of the 3G iPhone ....

Ever get in a jam and you have the cell/BB and it changes the severity of the situation? Guess its good and bad. For me I only get away from it on vacation and cruises are the best. Deposit it in the safe day 1 and pick it up on the way out.

Yes.

Until I retire anyway.

I am on call 24/7 and missing any extra work is big money. (pays the same as my regular pay)

Mikki will not have one and quite frankly..hates them.

r8

You make some valid points, WW. Still, the cell phone gives me flexibility. If I'm going somewhere and get a flat tire, I can call and let my peeps know that I'm not just being a flake and they won't curse my name for making them wait.

I'll take the flexibility. Truly, though, I don't use mine a whole lot.

--Wag--

Back