Carpenter street kits

No disputes here.. But my bike dynoed within 2hp of yours. So I think your dyno's are both very accurate.
On one pull.... very tacky and everyone on this board knows that. Peak power pulls take 6-10 pulls at times if you are seeking best numbers or way less if you have a known agenda and if the dyno room was not ventilated at a 17:1 ratio per minute (fresh air) it was likely very fat as well. Well off to work. Enjoy your day everyone.

Last edited:
On one pull.... very tacky and everyone on this board knows that. Peak power pulls take 6-10 pulls at times if you are seeking best numbers or way less if you have a known agenda and if the dyno room was not ventilated at a 17:1 ratio per minute (fresh air) it was likely very fat as well. Well off to work. Enjoy your day everyone.

???

6-10 pulls...?

I thought your bike never made it through a pass on the HPC dyno because of the failure. a 2hp difference between dyno's is practicaly no difference.
No disputes here.. But my bike dynoed within 2hp of yours. So I think your dyno's are both very accurate.

I thought your bike never made it through a pass on the HPC dyno because of the failure. a 2hp difference between dyno's is practicaly no difference.
Just do me a favor if you use HPC in a sentence reffering to my families company please use accurate information you know to be true yourself. I won't ever say anything unknown about you, actually I never talk about you at all to anyone.

Your above info is not accurate. Thanks... I do welcome that bike to be pulled again on our dyno any day of the year and time of the day. Won't touch tuning or otherwise. That would answer a ton of questions on pump gas of course.

Last edited:
Have a nice day.
Just do me a favor if you use HPC in a sentance reffering to my company please use accurate information you know to be true yourself. Your above info is not accurate. Thanks...

Last edited:
His bike rolled out of here totally completed and fit for service. His pre-purchased pistons which were designed for stock cams are why his bike pulled almost 10 HP less than a bike I built three days later....10 HP same cam settings and all....

We could not get the clearances tight due to the deep intake valve recess areas something I said from day one without any excessive cutting which weakens the piston top. Change the piston, same head and cams....10 hp difference. Thats the accurate story. I am sure the head and cams are the same...

Last edited:
I would be very interested to see(And I am sure alot of others would be also) what it would pull now on HPC dyno!!! The offer is on the table and would answer more then a ton of questions:whistle:

I would be very interested to see(And I am sure alot of others would be also) what it would pull now on HPC dyno!!! The offer is on the table and would answer more then a ton of questions:whistle:

You think he would take his bike back to that shop after what he's been through... ???

The track numbers will tell the truth and the MPH will tell even more... ;)

Last edited:
You think he would take his bike back to that shop after what he's been through... ???

The track numbers will tell the truth and the MPH will tell even more... ;)

Why not if he had nothing to hide and wanted the truth to be know!!! After all it would only be going on the dyno then we all can see the before and after number from the HPC Dyno vs Carpenter Dyno and then we can see the difference in number of the dyno's and Maybe see where the truth is in these number and these dyno's and about industry!!!

Why not if he had nothing to hide and wanted the truth to be know!!! After all it would only be going on the dyno then we all can see the before and after number from the HPC Dyno vs Carpenter Dyno and then we can see the difference in number of the dyno's and Maybe see where the truth is in these number and these dyno's and about industry!!!
Dyno numbers are a tuning tool. Not a be all end all, unless you enjoy just bench racing. His experience with HPC is well documented, as is his experience with Carpenter. As stated above, track numbers will tell the truth. They always do.......

Dyno numbers are a tuning tool. Not a be all end all, unless you enjoy just bench racing. His experience with HPC is well documented, as is his experience with Carpenter. As stated above, track numbers will tell the truth. They always do.......

Yes the Track numbers will tell the truth!!! :beerchug: But did he run it at the track before going to Carpenters and if so those number and slips would be nice to see!!

But still would like to see the number now on HPC Dyno vs Carpenters Dyno!! And to see how Just the head got him 25+ hp!! Someone expalin that one to me !!!!:please:

Last edited:
Here is what I have to say. I will put a Greg Williams built 1441 with all my selected parts up against YOUR 1441 at the track and its got low dyno numbers. This will be my 4th. 1441, all motor, at 61" non-grudge chassis, wheels ok... LMK Old guy..me, slightly chubby...... 42

Last edited:
I have to admit....

.....I do get a slight, albeit real, chuckle out of these pissin contests.

If for no other reason....thanks!

well damn, if everyone wants to see this race... pitch in $20 a person... that could make for a nice little jackpot to the winner. Best of 5... just like Pinks!!!! And no sandbaggin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. The rest of us could sit back and have some cold ones while these boys figure out who's 1441 is faster! Sounds like you guys should come down to Norwalk Raceway Park... only 30 minutes from me!

Back