Carpenter Racing A#1!!!!!! 1441

8secBusa

Registered
Just got my bike back from Carpenter.. 1441 re-do... Fixed the issues I had, and found nearly 30 hp and 8lbs of torque!!!

Dynoed at 201 when I brought it in, 7 days later it left with 228!!! The bike is an animal to ride.. Will post before & after dyno and track video shortly.

Big Thanks to Bob at Carpenter Racing....

On time, on budget!!!!

He is in Jersey near ATCO Raceway. Want to provide not only before after dyno, but also track before and after.. That happens tomorow..They had a full shop of Busa's, and some really cutting edge machines.

He is in Jersey near ATCO Raceway. Want to provide not only before after dyno, but also track before and after.. That happens tomorow..They had a full shop of Busa's, and some really cutting edge machines.

Oh ok....so its fair to say these applications really aren't that good for every day twisty type riding ???

I would call Carpenter. My guess, little less compression and the streetability and durability would be street strong.

I would call Carpenter. My guess, little less compression and the streetability and durability would be street strong.

Ok..kool I just might do that.

Hey just curious....I did hear Greg just finished a 1418 bike today that only made 196hp...that's 34hp less than yours....he'll be at Cecil to run you I think:beerchug:

I can't wait for the pic's as well.. Carpenter is a well known name in the Busa community.. :bowdown:

Takeuon - Carpenter is located in Berlin NJ. As far as street built engine, He's done more than a few. His heads are on probably more bikes than anyone else.

8sec - Glad you choose Carpenter. :thumbsup: Bob always makes power.

Last edited:
Takeuon - Carpenter is located in Berlin NJ. As far as street built engine, He's done more than a few. His heads are on probably more bikes than anyone else.

8sec - Glad you choose Carpenter. :thumbsup: Bob always makes power.

25+ HP difference from shop combos isn't even comparable.... :beerchug:

Just got my bike back from Carpenter.. 1441 re-do... Fixed the issues I had, and found nearly 30 hp and 8lbs of torque!!!

Dynoed at 201 when I brought it in, 7 days later it left with 228!!! The bike is an animal to ride.. Will post before & after dyno and track video shortly.

Big Thanks to Bob at Carpenter Racing....

On time, on budget!!!!

When do you plan on posting the dyno sheet :rulez: , track video and time slips :whistle: so we all can see :poke:

Here is the dyno sheet, we got rained out on Sunday at Capital Raceway.. So I'll have to post the after video as soon as we get some good weather.

1441 Redo Carpenter Improvements.jpg

So if i am correct only 1 pull was made on a cold motor and then you made 5 pull after? What fuel was used before and after? What changes were made to the bike during this rebuild that got you these numbers ? (pistons, cams, fuel,etc) And I would be very interested to see what numbers this bike would pull on HPC dyno now( I am sure I am not the only one that would like to see this):whistle:

Last edited:
why would anyone put a bike on a dyno cold and do a pull. I would assume anyone dynoing a bike would first have the oil and water up to temps. ???

I think alot are still waiting on the dyno numbers when it left HPC in the first place. 8 sec busa mentioned that the before pull that was done was within 2hp unless I read that wrong.

why would anyone put a bike on a dyno cold and do a pull. I would assume anyone dynoing a bike would first have the oil and water up to temps. ???

I think alot are still waiting on the dyno numbers when it left HPC in the first place. 8 sec busa mentioned that the before pull that was done was within 2hp unless I read that wrong.

And I am very sure that Carpenters made sure that it was up to temp before making a pull but 1 pull before and then after you post the 5th pull of the rebuild :whistle: I am not questioning the fact whether or not Carpenter can build motors we all know that he can along with others in the industry! Ok then someone tell me what changes where made to the bike to get these numbers? Because something had to change to get these numbers!!!!! (pistons, cams, fuel,etc) :poke:

Last edited:
Don't know about Greg, but done with him, I just moved forward. Happy with things now. Bike runs strong.

i think this theme should be kept vs trying to knit pick other peoples work.

glad youre happy with your bike.

:beerchug:

Some people are so full of crap...

And I am very sure that Carpenters made sure that it was up to temp before making a pull but 1 pull before and then after you post the 5th pull of the rebuild :whistle: I am not questioning the fact whether or not Carpenter can build motors we all know that he can! Ok then someone tell me what changes where made to the bike to get these numbers? Because something had to change to get these numbers!!!!! (pistons, cams, fuel,etc) :poke:

The changes were someone that knows how to assemble a BUSA motor vs someone who doesn't... ;)

I think what's even better than the dyno numbers before/after are the DATES. It took Carpenter 8-days drive-in/drive-out to finish his bike. Now that's service... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back