Carpenter engines ?

C_Henry

Registered
Has anyone used Carpenter for a engine build ? If so, did you get the HP numbers they say on the web site ? I just wonder about that 1397 kit , has anyone ever got 220hp out of this kit on pump gas ?

not on pump and most likely not on nutec. but hey you need a selling point. it has possible to see his numbers at a peak spike right at redline though. but at the track his numbers just dont back his horsepower

Carpenter builds a strong motor as do many reputable tuners. If your looking for a hp # you're wasting your time, if youre after a strong, fast, bike he's one of the guys you need to call.

It all depends on the dyno/dyno operator, he can make it read whatever you want.

Like grabntwist said if you want real results take it to the track!
wink.gif

Hell, I've seen dyno sheets for 300+hp and they ran slower than my stock BUSA in the 1/4!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107550966 -->

Carpenter claims to have recorded 205 rwhp on a 10 with head work and cams... with only a pipe and PC in addition to the head/cams. Sounds like a big claim to me. Not saying he hasn't done it. Just saying it sounds like a big claim...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107564400 -->

Carpenter claims to have recorded 205 rwhp on a 10 with head work and cams... with only a pipe and PC in addition to the head/cams. Sounds like a big claim to me. Not saying he hasn't done it. Just saying it sounds like a big claim...
rock.gif
BT,

That is bored out to a 1077cc NOT stock pistons/cc!

http://www.carpenterracing.com/zx-10.htm

As for Carpenter Racing, I was looking into that for my BUSA but not since the prices have gone up.  Not really a bargain anymore.  A few more $$$ and you can go TURBO!

Anyone know what they charge just to PORT a stock BUSA HEAD, and then valves/valve job installed, etc. ready to bolt on (other than the cams)
rock.gif
?

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107614729 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif
BT,

As for Carpenter Racing, I was looking into that for my BUSA but not since the prices have gone up.  Not really a bargain anymore.  A few more $$$ and you can go TURBO!

Anyone know what they charge just to PORT a stock BUSA HEAD, and then valves/valve job installed, etc. ready to bolt on (other than the cams)
rock.gif
?
valve job and porting cost abt 1280 if I am not wrong.

CarpenterPortedCylHead3.jpg

CarpenterPortedCylHead2.jpg

CarpenterPortedCylHead.jpg

Pictures taken by Sleeperbusa

rock.gif

Thanks!

What kind of gain with stock bore, 1397+, or Turbo?

I guess what I am asking is it worth it in the end for the $$$$??

rock.gif
BT,

As for Carpenter Racing, I was looking into that for my BUSA but not since the prices have gone up. Not really a bargain anymore. A few more $$$ and you can go TURBO!

rock.gif
?
Ahhh... My bad. I guess I missed that when I briefly checked out the page through a link on another site.
drooling3.gif

rock.gif

Back