tre on an 08 = junk

Does the secondary butterflies open sooner in 5th gear versus 1,2,3 ? This might be the reason the power comes in sooner and makes the bike feel faster.

This perfectly demonstrates why dyno results are misleading. A dyno operator / tuner only tunes for (typically) 4th gear, and yet the bike has radically different fuel maps for each gear. I have a datalogger for tuning, and tune each gear independently during qualifying runs. There is a lot of power to be gained (and time to be found) in tuning each gear independently, but the xTre takes all that away. Thanks JC for confirming the timing is the same for all gears!

Last edited:
I have the Boost by Smith Switch and Notice NO DIFFERANCE in Performance

As you shouldn't....

The only thing my mod does is let you rev the bike past the 6th gear governor by making the bike think you are in 5th
1-n-2-3-4-5-5 is what the highgain mod does.

its for land speed guys or anyone who has the aeros and hp to pull to the limiter in 6th gear. Gears 1-5 remain unchanged. I never would tell anyone in a million years it will make the bike run better or make more hp.

The switchable or non switchable version of the high-gain mod i sell and the gps mods JC does will allow you to pull to the limiter in 6th gear (if you have the aeros and hp to do so), thats it. There is no black magic going on, claiming this and that like some of the other products.

I am very glad Petrik posted what he did, it further points out the fact that companies are willing to falsy claim things they don't understand to make a buck.

Greg

Last edited:
Read the link I posted in the other thread...
K8 and fuel + ignition mapping

6th gear is the only gear restricted in the factory ECU on the Gen-II. The GPS mod is the only mod that eliminates the 6th gear restriction while not messing with any of the other gears fueling, timing, mapping, etc.

TRE = telling the ECU 5-N-5-5-5-5-5 (no matter what)

GPS mod = telling the ECU 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 (only 6th is affected)

I agree...the TRE is a 50 50 shot, and I didn't trust I'd be on the right side of that 50%. They say it works sometimes. I did the GPS mod. Only $10 more but you have to pull the clutch. I ran 199 mph official speed at Maxton so I know it works, and still read my gear position on the dash 1-5 gear. 6th gear also reads as 5th gear, that's the only thing it affects.

As you shouldn't....

The only thing my mod does is let you rev the bike past the 6th gear governor by making the bike think you are in 5th

its for land speed guys or anyone who has the aeros and hp to pull to the limiter in 6th gear. Gears 1-5 remain unchanged. I never would tell anyone in a million years it will make the bike run better or make more hp.

The switchable or non switchable version of the high-gain mod i sell and the gps mods JC does will allow you to pull to the limiter in 6th gear (if you have the aeros and hp to do so), thats it. There is no black magic going on, claiming this and that like some of the other products.

I am very glad Petrik posted what he did, it further points out the fact that companies are willing to falsy claim things they don't understand to make a buck.

Greg

Thanks for info, :thumbsup:

As you shouldn't....

Greg

Ok :dunno:

People think if a co. says it then it's true. Misdirection, what eyes see and the ears here the mind believes.:poke:

Straight from the FAQ for this item at pashnitmoto.com
5) Does the X-TRE have 1N23455 mapping, or 5N55555?
X-TRE has 3 selectable maps, which work like this: 4N44444, 5N55555, 6N66666. HealTech has found that these work best for most riders. They can make other configuration (such as 1N23455) on special order, and might add it as standard feature later if there's demand.

So 1N23455 is possible with the x-tre. Not only that, but you can easily switch between it and the other two you choose to have programmed on it to instantly see if there's any difference.

You're not permanently modding a part of your bike, it's easier to install, and you can still see 6th gear on the dash.

The other mod seems fine but I don't see how it beats this just going off of all of that. :-)

it means anyone telling you that throwing 5th gear to the bike all the time is making it better is full of something

i had a couple of people email responses from them asking them to do 1n23455 and they said it was not beneficial and they had no plans to do it, shows what they know about how the busa operates.

Well sure, even assuming they don't know what is beneficial or not beneficial to the bike, that still doesn't change what it does after having the custom programming.

my point is, you are defeating what the bike is able to do by installing something that outputs 1 value to the ecu at all times, even if you can switch it back and forth, what good does it do to tell the bike I am in 6th all the time, 4th all the time etc.
If you want to go faster than 186 mph this is super cheap and will allow it you have the hp and aeros Cycle

Once flashing is out the X-TRE will serve no real purpose at all, either will the highgain mod as you can just eliminate the 6th gear restriction with a mouse click, and do whatever you want with timing etc.

Back