Captain is down.

(nitrousjunkie @ Jul. 23 2007,13:40)Doug,I have all the body work except an upper,they are yours if you need them,say the word.Just glad youre alive Man.[/Quote]
They tell me the bike is totalled. I saw a few pics last night... Eevrthing from the handlebars forward is GONE! the back doesnt look too bad but there has to be radiator damage, I bet frame damage and the plastics have to be scratched.

Im not going to ride a broken bike... I just rolled 1,000 miles on it last weekend.

Last edited:
Good to see you posting up my brother we've all been on pins and needles here at your cyber-home! Get plenty of rest, don't worry about this place will leave the key under the mat when were through......
wow.gif

Post up what you neeed,I'm sure we can have you rollin again before too long

I've got a few things also, levers and windscreens. Not sure what else but odds are the bike will be totalled. It doesn't take much to get one totalled and they usually will sell the bike back to you for almost nothing.
Get well and get a new one.
Prayers sent.

Man I'm glad you are home and mostly in one pice. I havent been around for awhile but I still think of the org as home. I hate to see bad things happen to good people and Doug IS good people. Heal up brother and ping me if there is ANYTHING I can do for you or the family.

Robb

Nice pic, Doug! Hey - My wife says chicks don't actually dig scars... I'm not sure I believe her though... Anyhow, take it easy and get plenty of rest. Good on ya for wearing all that gear in spite of the heat!

dayum doug... glad to see you up and posting. wounds will heal, the bike looks like a loss
sad.gif
I'd recommed getting your mods off before the insurance man takes the bike.

Take it easy, let us know if you need things.

Cap, I am really glad you are alright, I am sorry about your bike , if there is anything I can do I will be more than glad to help you . Thank god you made it thru this. Rest alot and then give it H*** again.
beerchug.gif

(captain @ Jul. 23 2007,18:47)link to the pics After the crash pics

wow sorry to see your busa looking like that. I'm glad to see you back home and posting. Here's to a quick recovery.
beerchug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, that'll buff right out! All you need is some turtle wax and you're good to go!

biggrin.gif

Glad you're posting, man!

--Wag--

Just awfull to hear about this--so glad you are going to be ok.... T-boning a PU ouch.. just got back from Laguna MotoGP......Maybe some pic's from there will lift you up abit--wishing you a speedy recovery...
bowdown.gif

(captain @ Jul. 23 2007,17:47)link to the pics After the crash pics

ouch!!! i'm so glad things didn't turn out worse than they did and you are able to already be home
beerchug.gif

please let us know what we can do to help

Last edited by a moderator:
All - I spoke to Doug earlier this evening.  He's doing good, was in good spirits; tired, sore - understandably - but he's home with his family and still with us!

He said that he would try and post an update for everyone - I'll let him fill ya'll in.  I just thought I'd give ya'll a quick update...

Glad you are okay. I just had a run in with a deer about two weeks ago. Messed up the whole right side of the busa and front nose. I just got bruised up a bit and messed up my elbow. You can always fix the bike or replace it, but you can't do that with yourself. Again, I'm glad you are alright. Get well.

Get well soon Captain, we're pulling for you from all over the world!

Raydog (Doyle)

Back