Cannot find the "buying a Firearm Thread" but here's a start... New XD ***New PICS***

Re: Well, I cannot find the "planning to buy Firearm Thread" but here's a start... Ne

Love the XD's but don't own the full size just a sub... After you get some rounds through her let us know what cha think. Had thought about some trigger work as well but after seeing the cost I quickly moved on to another pistol.

I dunno bro, just checked springfields website and it looks as though a Combat action job would be $105, plus a smoothing of the trigger face for $30. Combine those with a Custom Springfield Match Barrel for $190 and I bet I'll be in the ballpark. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'll definitely be sending in my XD though, Combat action job for $105 and a good tripper polishing should be just the ticket.

Re: Well, I cannot find the "planning to buy Firearm Thread" but here's a start... Ne

Revlis, I need to come up and go shooting with you :whistle: Give me a reason to get my SKS and the enfield out. I have yet to shoot the enfield... Mostly due to ranges not liking my SKS. Or the look of the shotgun for that matter...

That and Sarah wants to visit again :laugh: Maybe I'll work that into a reason...

Yeah or we need to come down there and shoot. There's plenty of good places up this way though and I've got a membership to a local indoor range if the weather is too nasty.

I love my springfield

V10_2.JPG

I love my springfield

WEll Yeah, but that's a pretty pistol... You have an ugly one? ???

i just read a good review in "american rifleman" magazine. i personally like the looks and that was my second choice over my "M&P 40.

I dunno bro, just checked springfields website and it looks as though a Combat action job would be $105, plus a smoothing of the trigger face for $30. Combine those with a Custom Springfield Match Barrel for $190 and I bet I'll be in the ballpark. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'll definitely be sending in my XD though, Combat action job for $105 and a good tripper polishing should be just the ticket.

Thats cheaper than I remember... Ok looking forward to your full report after this gets completed!

I have an XD40 and I think it is a pretty good pistol. No complaints.

I saw one of these at the range the other day and I think it will be my next gun:

beretta-cx4-storm.jpg

I have an XD40 and I think it is a pretty good pistol. No complaints.

I saw one of these at the range the other day and I think it will be my next gun:

beretta-cx4-storm.jpg

Someone was asking about that earlier... Nice weapons by all accounts, I held one a few years ago in Tampa, good stuff from what I remember.

These two are what's got me thinking... DO I abuse my Credit card? Or do I go for broke, and leave it bleeding on the street at night in a cold rain?

The FS 2000 From FN-FAL is a weapon that I've fired before, with a 17.5" barrel, an overall length of 29", uses standard AR mags and is chambered for 5.56 which is a bonus cause I've got a pile of 5.56 and AR magazines.

The big one below is the Saiga, a Semi-Auto, Magazine Fed .12 Gauge based on an AK Action. Russian made and by all accounts reliable and accurate.

Talk about the best home/property defensive weapon out there. 10rnds of Buckshot, or 10 rnds of slugs, etc. are just a magazine swap away... :guns:

First two are the FN-H FS2000, the last is the Saiga .12

fs2000-1.jpg

FS2000-2.jpg

Saiga_12_bladetech.jpg

i just read a good review in "american rifleman" magazine. i personally like the looks and that was my second choice over my "M&P 40.

I was really close to the .45 M&P as well. Really nice feel, adjustable backstrap, very nice. Didn't shoot it though I am not sure why I didn't... Might have been size? I don't remember why, accept that the XD just fits prefectly and that pretty much cinched it.

Thats cheaper than I remember... Ok looking forward to your full report after this gets completed!

Well the packages are pretty pricey for a polymer firearm, but the individual items aren't too bad.

XD-Custom.jpg

WELL Here it is...

Not exactly a looker, but "she'll make .5 past light speed, she may not look like much but she's got it where it counts."

Will be shooting it tomorrow or Thursday, still deciding on another long gun...

It all comes down to feel, the XD line just fits my hand better than any other .45 out there. Though I might get a Glock Sub-Compact in .45 to carry.

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

Re: Cannot find the "buying a Firearm Thread" but here's a start... New XD ***New PIC

The FAL BTW shoots great, true and straight. Not much recoil for a .308 and comfortable to shoot.

FAL-1.jpg

Fal-2.jpg

Re: Cannot find the "buying a Firearm Thread" but here's a start... New XD ***New PIC

They look great rev.:beerchug:

They look great rev.:beerchug:
I think what you mean to say is they look functional... I recognize ugly guns when I see em'. :rofl:

Thanks bro.

I have that same XD .45 ACP in black and I love it. I've been looking at the Taurus Judge lately though.:bowdown:

come on now.. fess up...

you also got the "earthy colored" CC rig so you could go CCW naked.... uhhuh!

I think Springfield put the zing back into the 1911 design (and the quality again)

Last edited:

I think what you mean to say is they look functional... I recognize ugly guns when I see em'. :rofl:

Thanks bro.
:poke: They may be ugly, but I would shoot em any day :thumbsup:

WELL Here it is...

Not exactly a looker, but "she'll make .5 past light speed, she may not look like much but she's got it where it counts."

Will be shooting it tomorrow or Thursday, still deciding on another long gun...

It all comes down to feel, the XD line just fits my hand better than any other .45 out there. Though I might get a Glock Sub-Compact in .45 to carry.

Check out Glock 21SF. That is my conceal carry.

Anybody had any experience with the Dan Wesson 1911's? A guy at the range the other day showed me one and I liked it a lot aside from the frame digging into the palm of my shooting hand? Seems like all the 1911's are that way?

Check out Glock 21SF. That is my conceal carry.

I never liked Glocks .45 offering. Never fit my hand, just too fat and bulky. Well, I didn't know they had redone the frame and grip... Might just pick me up a Glock Subcompact for a smaller carry option.

Just cannot fault glocks reliability. I went with the XD because it's the best .45 fit in my hand by quite a bit. I'm like the only person on the planet that dislikes 1911s and the way they fit in my hand, so the XD was a revelation for me.

Back