Any preference on 40

Since I live in wonderful nys does anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced 10 round magazines for the m&p 40??? :banghead:

My carry gun is a first generation Glock 26 - But - my favorite handgun bar none is the Sig 226. Double action, really nice radius trigger, smoooth DA pull and breaks super clean in SA. Decocker and no safety. And subjectively it unfolds and folds the smoothest of my semi-autos. Very precise. Glocks sound and feel "crinckly" when fired, Berettas feel too mechanical and the slide seems to travel forever. I'm not knocking Glock, Beretta or any 1911 style weapon but in my opinion it the Sig Sauer is just a precision handgun. Which has always made me wonder how it would fair in lesser conditions - dirt, mud, sand. I can't speak to the reliability of Sigs in those conditions but it's never once failed to go bang at the range.

BTW - MPs have been around for some time now and are considered top notch.

I have both the xd40sc and the M&P40c. I consider both deadly reliable. I have like 700 million rounds through the xd without a hiccup and half that through the M&P. if you are looking to carry it, the M&P is thinner and also the grip is shorter. If you're looking to just shoot it the M&P has a lower bore center and "feels" like it has half the recoil of the xd. Strictly feels that way since it takes more hand control to control the recoil on the xd. I am a HUGE xd fan but I too picked up my M&P used and haven't turned back. I love them both but enjoy shooting the M&P better.

image-3279088608.jpg

image-3159704483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-3279088608.jpg

image-3159704483.jpg

Be proficient, regardless of what you get. That's part of the beauty of Glock. To discharge a round you simply squeeze the trigger. Never ever had issues with my groupings with two exceptions. My Range Lord will not accept head shots or small groupings ( he failed me for knocking a small whole in the target with a hand full of shots outside of that )( He couldn't count the rounds in the small hole and basically counted the other shots as completely off the target, I understood, and got to put 50 more rounds down range :laugh: )

I think the gentleman with the large hands knows a heck of a lot more than me about these things. If you're buying this weapon for personal defense you need to have your head screwed on well. Any good concealed weapons trainer should scare the crap out of students in regards to criminal and civil actions.

If you're not ready and willing to use it when you pull it, it might just get used on you.

The m&p is the first handgun I've owned. Ill be carrying it concealed and target shooting with it. Basically everything, I'm gonna see how it fairs haven't heard any bad reviews about it. I just figured if I was gonna spend the money on a single handgun that would be used for all my needs I might as well spend the cash and get the one I want considering I probably won't be getting a second for quite some time

I have a Ruger P94 .40 that has never failed me in 10 years, great quality for the price. I am picking up a Beretta PX4 Storm soon. I have held the sub-compact but it's just too small for me. I have had a Glock 23 and was not impressed, sold it within months of buying it. I still have a Beretta 96, one of my all time favorites. Being 6' and 220# allows me to carry almost anything easily and living in Utah I like the 14 round mag of the PX4 Storm without any legal problems.

I probably won't be getting a second for quite some time

Haha! That's funny. You'll have another one in less than 6 months. NOTHING is more addicting than firearms. Harder to quit than Heroin. LOL :laugh:

Back