busa still the fastest production bike of 05?

skurvey~

Registered
is the hayabusa still the fastest production bike in 2005? i was just wondering because i know the new 05 r1's are putting out 180hp stock now... does anyone know?

Lemmesay welcome
newbie.gif

PS not tryin to be a d!ck but this question is beating a dead horse
wink.gif

is the hayabusa still the fastest production bike in 2005?  i was just wondering because i know the new 05 r1's are putting out 180hp stock now... does anyone know?
I'd refrain from using the manufacturers advertised crankshaft HP as a means to determine if which bike of any make or model is fastest/quickest ect . The stock 2004-2005  R1 will not lay 180hp to the rear wheel . Cool bikes though .

What are you riding now and are you looking to buy a Busa ? If you had a Busa , what would you use it for ? Drag only ? Twisties ? Sport Tour long distances ?

Make mild to extreme mods to the engine ?

You jumped in w/o introducing yourself ...... whatcha riding ?

the busa will always be the "fastest" bike until some of the companies do some major wind tunnel research.

it may not be the "quickest" bike though. I would say they all run about the same with the new 1k's being slightly faster.

but I do challenge any 1k to make a 200 mi trip without having to stretch your legs out.
laugh.gif

is the hayabusa still the fastest production bike in 2005? i was just wondering because i know the new 05 r1's are putting out 180hp stock now... does anyone know?
Welcome to the board...!! The 180HP that you are refering to is at the crank and not at the wheel. The 05 busa is still the fastest production motorcycle...
biggrin.gif

welcome aboard. yes it is sense the imposed speed restrictions back in early 2000 no one has challenged the king of speed so it remains on the books as worlds fastest production motorcycle
laugh.gif
( would be even if kawasoki challenged it)
tounge.gif

Yep, the "fastest" only applies to the Blue & Silver (oh, and the Orange of course!).  As for the rest.... not sure.
tounge.gif

The R1 is "maybe" doing 180hp at the crank. There is no way that little bike could be pulling that rwhp. It's all marketing. That's why all the little kids near where I live are all riding R1's. I love the bike but it's about as trendy as a Good Charlotte video.

Nice color combo & dog, BentValve  
smile.gif
. I had a guy pull up next to me the other day, roll down his window, and ask laughingly, "That thing's not fast, is it?". I've gotten more attention from people on The King than any bike I've ever owned.

I wanna know why this is an issue? You either want the bike or not.

I will tell you it won't help a vitamin C deficiency.

id_gunnut- that is a priceless post.

Back