Fastest production bike?

I don't remember ever reading a stock busa hit 196mph (please provide link).

Also, the 300km 186 mph restriction was agreed upon by the big 4 (Japanese).

Don't ever remember reading where anybody else, including BMW ever agreed.

Hence I think the BMW is now the king of speed.

But yet again at the risk of flogging a seriously flogged and dead horse (by me)
we wouldn't/shouldn't be having YET ANOTHER ONE OF THESE DISCUSSIONS
HAD ZUK GIVEN THE GEN II A REAL UPDATE.

We are up 340cc and still get beat (or even close) proves my point.

We already had the liters and the 14 on our butt or ahead and after a decade
Zuk used the same case (TO SAVE BUCKS), raised the compression and just
made the stroke longer...hence +7 hp....yea:cheerleader:...not.

Shoulda been 1400 to 1500cc, 200rwhp...dump the stupid "A,B,C" mode and
install traction control...and this thread would never exist.

+1

I have a gen2 & as much as I love it (and I really, really love it) I agree.

The hayabusa is iconic for being outrageously powerful, if Suzuki allows the hayabusa to become one among a group they've lot a the plot a little.

PADEROLIS; said:
if Suzuki allows the hayabusa to become one among a group they've lot a the plot a little

Huh?!!???

lol Well what I'm trying to say is if the hayabusa isn't in a class of it's
own in power and looks then it's already lost a bit of it's appeal, it isn't unique - kind of a big reason people buy it!

Put it like this, a hayabusa that's been boosted and heavily modified better describes the type of bike it is to me than a stock one.

If Suzuki had given the hayabusa turbo-like power from the start, as crazy as it may seem, it would be more typical to the hayabusa I know & love.

Jinks I think your right but maybe were reading too much into it. Bottom line is that bmw has just come out with a fantastic bike. The bikes always get more horsepower as the years go by and there doing it without upping the cc's. Funny thing is I think they just retired the old saying... "theres no replacement for displacement"....

Really?...well..i dont think i was reading to much into it....i think i was just reading too much for too long cause right after the euros pitched a biotch fit bout Kaws 200+mph raptor threatening to "BAN IMPORTATION"?..it was justa couple years later that BMW unleashed their K1200 and rumor mill billed it as a busa beater before it even hit the showroom floors..and as far as the "theres no replacement for displacement" comment goes?..it dont hold water with beemer cause they up'ed the anti again by turning their K1200 into a 175HP K1300S...with the commentary that...

"The interceptor. The athlete. Aerodynamic, avant-garde. Do you know of another sporty bike with this profile? A bike that develops such pulling power with 175 hp that it takes the heat out of many a 200 hp bike?"

check it out...

BMW Motorrad USA

thats sum grade "A" BS right there man..and it aint hard to see through Shultzies shid! :laugh:

Beemer...do'in their best to stick it too the Japs! :rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

S1000RR ... 193 at the crank and 83 ft lb torque? Am I looking at the wrong bike? So it's lighter .... @ 410 dry. Not sure by what measurement it's faster.

Geez, a header and a good tune and I've got 191 at the wheel and 112 ft lb. Not seeing how a bike with 340 cc's less is gonna be faster. The weight? So i get new rims.

Gestalt: the s1000rr is more than the sum of it's parts. Just rode one, and it is a gas!!
:thumbsup:

So, getting down to the numbers.....what is the top speed recorded by a bone stock S1000RR? Is it faster than 196 mph? If so, then I guess I tip my cap to it......???

This guy claims 192 on gps is top, & sure looks like a good test.

What's the top speed of a stock Gen II with the speed restriction removed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what I want.

s1000rr x.jpg

If Suzuki really invested the same high tech into the busa as they do into the 1000, the busa would be the definate king of the hill. But........being bigger isn't ALL better. A 1000cc motor will wind up higher than a 1340cc motor, and make extra peak hp that the bigger engine can't. The bigger engine can still make more power, and has a BIG advantage in torque.....but 1000's will always have the edge in higher rpm's and the extra peak ponies that comes with them, which will keep them closer to our big bikes then we'd like :laugh:
But saying all that......they're really IS no replacement for displacement when done right :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I refuse to ride BMW's nut sacks on this bike. Although the s1000rr is a cool looking bike, It still does not have that sleek look like the Busa gen I or II. And hay!!!!
Who here can tell the difference between 186 or 196 mph anyways without any gadgets? Are we all riding at that speed all the time? Im not.
I do however agree that Suzuki needs to step their game up as a company and do some more things to the bike than change colors.:poke:

I just hope the Busa don't end up (pretty close now) being the fighter that should have retired a few years earlier !!

The bikes are all very close, so close that the rider will make the difference!
So it comes down to preference. Small tiny light weight, big comfy couch, or middle weight sporty, balanced, stabil!

I love my Busa! it was made for me! :moon:

The s1000rr at 15000, check those small cam sprockets!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Suzuki really invested the same high tech into the busa as they do into the 1000, the busa would be the definate king of the hill. But........being bigger isn't ALL better. A 1000cc motor will wind up higher than a 1340cc motor, and make extra peak hp that the bigger engine can't. The bigger engine can still make more power, and has a BIG advantage in torque.....but 1000's will always have the edge in higher rpm's and the extra peak ponies that comes with them, which will keep them closer to our big bikes then we'd like :laugh:
But saying all that......they're really IS no replacement for displacement when done right :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thank god ya flip-flopped that diatribe at the end cause following that train of thought?..for a moment there?...ya had me fear'in 600's and worse yet?..

the 250 ninjas. :poke: :rofl:

Thank god ya flip-flopped that diatribe at the end cause following that train of thought?..for a moment there?...ya had me fear'in 600's and worse yet?..

the 250 ninjas. :poke: :rofl:

Yeah that's what I thought too....:bs:

Here's a good ? for you research freaks...

"Stock for Stock...is there any liter bike out there that can beat a busas 0-60 times?"

I know the stock genI busas were/are rated at 2.4 seconds..thank god mines modded..so maybe with a full system and well tuned PC i might get 2.2-2.3..are there any liter bikes that can deliver that sorta rush from a dead stop?

i'm asking here..i truely dont know..but i do know that the power to weight ratios got just about everything to do with it however i also know that from a dead stop?..power is TORQUE...not the mathmatical result of HP..and the busas got plenty of both...but she is a tad on the pudgy side of the spectrum.

dang i sound smart when i aint on hard drugs! :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back