Hayabusa = The fastest production anything?

I printed it out and put it on my tool box at work. I get a lot of guys reading it and asking me it is true or not. When I tell them yes they just say "now that's sick" and to that I have to say "no, now that's fun".

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gooooooooooooooooooooood!!

For as little as $20,000 you can have a Busa that will beat 99.9 percent of any car or bike.  Both off line and top end.:D
biggrin.gif
Hey Ninja,

I think that this was pretty funny. Sounds just like you're person trying to sell something. I just keep hearing this in my head: "You too can be the fastest muthafather on Earth!" Maybe it's just me though Ninja. Only I understand your humor even if you didn't intend for it to be funny.

Brian

Plenty of concept and racing cars have done more. Some real production cars, that were actually sold to the 'public' and that do go faster (top speed):

1. 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans - 250 mph - $853,473 base USD
2. 1997 McLaren F1 - 240 mph - $890,000
3. 1991 Koenig C62 - 235 mph - $1,029,455
4. 1991 Lotec C1000 - 232 mph - $575,000
5. 1987 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione - 230 mph - $767,600
6. 1995 McLaren F1 LM - 225 mph - $1,250,000 (only 5 made)
7. 1991 Vector W8 - 218 mph - $283,750
8. 1991 Ferrari F40 - 201.3 mph - $415,000
9. 2000 Porsche 911 Turbo - 189 mph - $111,000

There are more, some are very limited production, many others are prototype-only, concept or race-only cars.

Of the ones listed, the Dauer is also the quickest with a 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds. Unfortunately, that is .3 seconds slower than the fastest time I have seen on a stock Hayabusa (2.3s). I can not get much info in terms of 1/4 mile times.
Hey Narcissus,

You seem to know a lot about cars man.  I'm very impressed.  What about the Buick Regal Grand National?  It was an '80's-something model, but I do remember that being a fast a$$ car.  Top end was well over 200 mph.

Brian

Oh, duh, I guess I could provide a source.
coffee.gif

I always got my info from Supercars.net. I used to visit that site all the time years ago, dreaming about someday driving some insane Italian or German racing car.

The last time I was on the site was several months ago to look up info and pics on the Caterham Seven (which oddly enough, is often powered by Hayabusa engines these days).
laugh.gif

Oh, duh, I guess I could provide a source.
coffee.gif

I always got my info from Supercars.net. I used to visit that site all the time years ago, dreaming about someday driving some insane Italian or German racing car.

The last time I was on the site was several months ago to look up info and pics on the Caterham Seven (which oddly enough, is often powered by Hayabusa engines these days).
laugh.gif
Hey Narc,

You're always pretty dependable with technical stuff. Could you please reply to my thread about "Bearing Removal?" Your advice is always useful and appreciated. If you have any input, pass it along.

Brian

I remember reading an article on the grand national a couple of years ago. It was quick, real quick, but they governed it so the top end was below 150, however, we all know about "governers".

Plenty of concept and racing cars have done more. Some real production cars, that were actually sold to the 'public' and that do go faster (top speed):

1. 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans - 250 mph - $853,473 base USD
2. 1997 McLaren F1 - 240 mph - $890,000
3. 1991 Koenig C62 - 235 mph - $1,029,455
4. 1991 Lotec C1000 - 232 mph - $575,000
5. 1987 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione - 230 mph - $767,600
6. 1995 McLaren F1 LM - 225 mph - $1,250,000 (only 5 made)
7. 1991 Vector W8 - 218 mph - $283,750
8. 1991 Ferrari F40 - 201.3 mph - $415,000
9. 2000 Porsche 911 Turbo - 189 mph - $111,000

There are more, some are very limited production, many others are prototype-only, concept or race-only cars.

Of the ones listed, the Dauer is also the quickest with a 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds. Unfortunately, that is .3 seconds slower than the fastest time I have seen on a stock Hayabusa (2.3s). I can not get much info in terms of 1/4 mile times.
Hey Narcissus,

You seem to know a lot about cars man.  I'm very impressed.  What about the Buick Regal Grand National?  It was an '80's-something model, but I do remember that being a fast a$$ car.  Top end was well over 200 mph.

Brian
Buick Grand National is at best 160mph car stock. It's a turbo charged six capable of mid 13's in the 1/4.
Also the 911 turbo needs to be taken off that list. I actually had a rolling start race with a TT 996 when I first got my bike. On the 5 betwwen Ventura and LA a little red porsche starts give me the rev. It was modified too. I don't know to what extent but the bloww off valves were louder than stock. At that point I dropped into second gear at 90mph. He heard my bike rev up and tried to get the jump on me. He got about half a car length ahead before I killed him. By the time
I hit my rev limiter he was more than 1/2 mile behind me. I slowed back down to 100mph and he passed me like I was standing still. That car just doesnt have the same accelaration up top. None of those cars listed do for that matter.
Thats why I love my Busa!!!

I drove a friends 2001 911 Carrara 4 (all wheel drive) yesterday, It was very fast, and by far the best handling car I have ever driven.  But, I have to admit the acceleration did not impress me that much.  I have a unrestricted 2001 busa and have been riding it for a month and a half and the mind shattering acceleration on it compares to none, I think I am ruined for life.  Afterwards we got into a discussion about the Hayabusa vs other cars, we were trying to find a production car that is faster than the busa.  We couldn’t think of any.  His car costs over 100k and is one of the fastest production cars in the world but it only does the quarter mile in the mid 13's.

Interesting website:

Sooooo my question is or was there anything production that is faster? Why wouldn't Guinness say that the Busa was the fastest production vehicle in history instead of motorcycle? (There is a big difference).

Your friends Porsche is not a turbo and by far not one of the fastest production cars in the world. More of an average sports car. Where it shines is the handling. The turbo is a different story but still no match for the busa. High 12's for the turbo.

Back