Busa now 2nd fastest production bike?

Sometimes we can be a bunch of whiners. I tell you what, one day the almighty Busa will not be the fastest production bike out there. The legend however will live on.

And you know if that VROD has a VIN no, someone's gonna take the wheelie bar and slick off and get 'er done on the street against an unsuspecting sport bike crowd. It wouldn't take much to get that beast street legal. Hell, it's probably more legal than some of these Busas out here.

Everyone needs to just chill out, and be happy with what you've got, fastest or not. Everyone else, will just be at the ZX 1400 forum or the HD forum or the next whizbang bike that comes out that's faster than the last.

I love my Busa. I love fast bikes. If I had the money, I'd own several, each for different reasons. Hell, I might even consider that HD, but I'd never give up my Bus.

I'll give props to any manufacturer that has the balls to come out with these insane bikes! At least they'll be on two wheels too!

hey, i applaud Harley for thinking out of the box, and the effort they put into it. at least they are not completely all about the chrome anymore. and at least they are trying.

You know, I bet the Kawi guys hate this worse than anyone.  Just when it looked like the new ZX14 might get some props, Harley comes up with something like this and the new Kawi will still be second.  Pretty funny, in my opinion.
I'm a green blooded kawi man and this does doesn't bother me in the least.
My last bike was a ZX9. I like just about every bike out there but it's fun to poke at the guys taking everything so seriously. A certain gentleman with a 12 in his handle comes to mind...

Personally, I chose the Busa for the versatility. It's got 80 percent of the cornering performance that a 1000 has but it's a little more comfy and the rear seat is usable enough that I can take the wife out for a few hours without constant complaint. Mostly though, I LOVE acceleration.

-Chris

Thats about the gayest thing I've seen in my life.

I can hear it now:

"excuse me sir which image will you be purchasing today?"

"Umm tough guy...no, no wait... umm... I'll take pro racer..what colors does the wheelie bar come in?"

I wonder if they have people you can pay to ride it for you for another 10 grand?
laugh.gif

I was scanning through an article in Motorcyclist Magazine last night about the new Harley Davidson Eagle Destroyer. They supposedly now call it the worlds fastest stock production motorcycle. They claim the Busa is now the 2nd fastest motorcycle. Kind of ironic since the other two publications (sportrider and cycleworld) still claim the Busa as the best.

But just the name in HD's Eagle Destroyer sounds like it was meant to try and dethrone the KING. Does anyone have more info on this article?
I CAN LIVE W/ THAT. THE "BUS" ISN'T AN UNDERDOG BY ANY MEANS.
wow.gif

Simply look at the way 99% of all the Harley riders that cross your path ride out on the streets (like they'd shatter if they actually did the speed limit) and you'll realize there's a miniscule percent of Harley riders that actually even consider riding fast. They have the "cruise slow" and the "I think I'm a bad ass" genes embedded in their DNA.

Of the very few that do wish to ride a bit faster, they won't be doing so on the streets with this new HD contraption since it's not street-legal. Most who drag race take a little pride in what they've built. This ready-built-Harley-1/4-racer totally removes any engine building bragging rights, which is as much a part of the drag racing scene as is trying to become the quickest top dog.

So, my question is; what homo is willing to take credit for having the fastest HD when they didn't do a freakin thing to build its engine? This "Gift of the Harley Gods" (LOL) is something for which they can't take an ounce of credit!

Also, since their engines are already built, one ready-built-Harley-1/4-racer basically isn't going to be any faster than the next ready-built-Harley-1/4-racer unless they sink way more money into it. So, for those who already didn't have the cash to spend on engine building, aren't they basically purchasing end-of-the-line-performance right from the start, especially when you consider its initial high price tag???

Sad but true; they certainly won't be impressing anyone on the streets with their non-street legal, ready-built-Harley-1/4-racer (no assembly required).

31 k for a bike to run with the busa in the 1/4 mile well I wonder what kinda times I could get if I bought a brand new Busa 10 k put 21 k worth of goodies into it?

Here's the new 2007 LE Suzuki Hayabusa. Its a Drag only bike too. 1500cc w/ turbo as an option. Which you think will win now?
post-6-69104-100_0440_RT16_2_copy.jpg

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129405261 -->

There is a huge difference between worlds quickest motorcycle and worlds fastest motorcycle, this thing will not hold a candle to our bikes above a 100mph. They should have been clearer in the article less the harley guys think they have something fast, I doubt the bugger will even top 170mph safely.

It's a riduculious comparsion.  Street legal?   That's all that matters.  Put another 19k into the Busa.  What kind of numbers would you run?

I am not really a hyabusa owner I just logged in to reply. I have owned 13 bikes ,3 ninjas 2 gsxr 1 gpz 1 magna 3 old hondas and 3 harleys. I doubt any harley guy wants this drag bike since its not really what we would buy a harley for. Harley does not compete in speed with the japs , and since they dont make a 4 cylinder I think its clear they are not trying to. hyabusa is the fastest street legal bike and I never knew a harley guy who cared. and yes its not fair to call a bike the fastest if its not street legal. Harley made this drag bike for a certain market so before everyone gets aggravated try to remember that harley isnt advertizing this as the fastest or quickest production bike and harley riders arent running around saying it. It seems some magazines are the ones blowing this production drag bike into something it wasnt meant to be. I am by no means saying that harley can or cant compete with the japanese but speed is not whats selling their bikes or making them rich and until it is I doubt they will try. Blame the company all you want but unless people stop buying harleys because they arent faster than the japanese why would harley waste the time and effort to try and be faster. I wont check back but im sure ill get a few harleys stink and they cant compete responses. honestly we will never know. you can lie and say if you owned the harley company you would make a bike that competes but lets be honest, if the bikes are selling and turning a large profit I wouldnt be thinking of wasting money to beat a hyabusa while I was in my personal jet flying to the bahamas. companies only make what they think will sell. I am 38 years old and the adverage harley owner is 45. im sure some 45 year olds want to do 190 but most of us who like to keep our drivers liceanse and get home alive to our children dont care for it that much.

U guys are too much....the screamin monkey special is not streetable...(see thread in smack talk, still waiting for a response). It took hardley david 31k to do something that I can do BETTER with a stock busa and $1500. How is this better engineering? Same old tired technology and the fleecing of America. You all go ahead and marvel at this pos....what is really amazing is a mid 9 second bike, out of the box, relialble as hell and simply a wonderful ride...just $11k. The busa will always and forever be a legend. HD is just pure marketing....

Back