Busa now 2nd fastest production bike?

Busa's might as well have no warrenty.I know personally they will not warrenty transmissions,as well as 5 guys locally.Also,will not warrenty motor if bike has been lowered.
argue.gif

But,back to the new king.Just a bs deal like everyone has explained.

"The VRXSE Screamin' Eagle® V-Rod® Destroyerâ„¢ is H-D's first out-of-the-box, drag racing motorcycle. Based on the VRSCâ„¢ family and tuned by Custom Vehicle Operations, this bike can do a quarter mile run in under 10 seconds"

This is a drag racing bike. That's all it was made to do. Also, with riders of equal skill, the Busa would be about the same.
No.

The Destroyer is quicker. I know of no dead-stock and documented Busa (and I mean dead-stock... no sprocket, no lowering, no nothing... nada, zip, zero... box stock right off the floor), even with a professional rider running a 9.02 ET. I have the article at home documenting that ET.

The quickest dead stock Busa time I have ever heard of was the 9.43 run a while back in a comparo with the ZX-12.
Right, but the Busa is street legal. If someonr dropped 31 grand on a Busa on the right stuff, no HD could keep up.
I appreciate what you're saying, but it reminds me of the following saying which was standard in the Marines:

"If butterflies carried machine guns, birds wouldn't f*** with them."

Give HD their props. They wanted the world's quickest production bike, and they built it.
LOL... And +1... Apparently it's quicker than the busa... and it's a production bike. No claims were made that it's the quickest "street legal" bike, just the quickest production bike. They have a point.

It's always entertaining to see a thread about XXXXX bike on a bike specific site. There are always those who will defend the brand specific to the site to the end, even if it takes NOS, Turbo, or both to beat whatever stock production bike is threatening their favorite. Remember the thread on this site about the new 600's running 9's stock?
biggrin.gif
It was hilarious to see busa owners saying,"turbo it or build a big cc stroker motor and spray it and you won't have to worry about those 600's."
laugh.gif

Same here. Pour $30k into a busa and you won't have to worry about that bone stock production HARDLEY!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I saw one in the Kansas City Plant during a tour early August. It appeared to be a prototype sitting in it's own area near the Screaming Eagle VRod line. 10 minutes before they were going on and on about how strong the Harley drive belts were and so much better than chains. I asked the tour guide if it had a chain or belt. "Oh a belt, I'm sure". When I pressed the issue, he had his assistant check. What do you know, a chain.

It was a neat looking bike. They'll have to make their own sanctioned class like they did in road racing a few years back with the Buells.

I'd still prefer the Vance 'n Hines version!
cool.gif

Andrew Hines on the Vance & Hines H-D Screamin' Eagle won the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Championship in '04 and is leading in the '05 points, after years of Suzuki domination. All H-D did was package some of V&H's development and offer it to prospective racers. But if you put half of that cash into the 'Busa, well ... fughet aboud it!

Harley Davidson Eagle Destroyer. They supposedly now call it the worlds fastest stock production motorcycle. They claim the Busa is now the 2nd fastest motorcycle.
dude you got it all wrong .

it isnt the fastest . "fastest" would refer to top speed

they said it is the best quarter mile time on a production motorcycle

2 completely different things

besides ,who cares that a purpose built bike with a wheeli bar is better in the 1/4 , it is 30 grand and NOT EVEN STREET LEGAL

I'm getting a set of those wheelie wheels for my Busa, then I'll have the best of both worlds. So what if they stick out from under my garage door.

You know, I bet the Kawi guys hate this worse than anyone. Just when it looked like the new ZX14 might get some props, Harley comes up with something like this and the new Kawi will still be second. Pretty funny, in my opinion.

You know, I bet the Kawi guys hate this worse than anyone. Just when it looked like the new ZX14 might get some props, Harley comes up with something like this and the new Kawi will still be second. Pretty funny, in my opinion.
I'm a green blooded kawi man and this does doesn't bother me in the least. I'm confident that the ZX-14 ain't gonna hit on shid, compared to the busa anyway. It's the busa that will finish second behind the Hardley on the strip in "stock" form. The ZX-14 will fall somewhere below second along with the Blackbird XX and the big Beemer "busa killer" that failed to kill the busa.
wink.gif

I'd buy the busa before I'd buy the ZX-14 anyway, even if the ZX-14 beat it by 2 seconds on the drag strip. Just like I'd have bought the 10R instead of a Honduh CBR 1k or R1 even if they were top dog on the strip and/or roadrace tracks. It's all about buying the bike that trips your trigger and lights off your passion for riding. I learned that lesson going to the 636 from the first 10R I had. The 636 is no doubt one awesome frickin' 600 class machine... but I never got that "spark" from it that both the busa and the 10R have given me. I enjoyed the rides on the 636 once it was sorted out and set up as close to properly as I could get it, but didn't "gel" with it at all. I wouldn't trade my 10R for three ZX636's unless I could sell all three and pocket some cash after I bought my replacement 10R. I wouldn't trade one busa for one each of the Hardley, the ZX-14, the Honduh XX, and the Big Beemer unless I could sell all those bikes and get another busa.

Most busa riders understand what I'm saying... but a few apparently ride the busa for it's status more than anything else and can't stand for any aspect of that status to be challenged. It's those guys that entertain the Hell out of me in threads like this.
laugh.gif

Harley Davidson Eagle Destroyer. They supposedly now call it the worlds fastest stock production motorcycle. They claim the Busa is now the 2nd fastest motorcycle.
dude you got it all wrong .

it isnt the fastest . "fastest" would refer to top speed

they said it is the best quarter mile time on a production motorcycle

2 completely different things

besides ,who cares that a purpose built bike with a wheeli bar is better in the 1/4 , it is 30 grand and NOT EVEN STREET LEGAL

You're right. The article did say "quickest" and not "fastest."

Back