Fastest production bike?

Thank god ya flip-flopped that diatribe at the end cause following that train of thought?..for a moment there?...ya had me fear'in 600's and worse yet?..

the 250 ninjas. :poke: :rofl:
Funny man there Billy-boy :laugh: . One of the reasons the 1000's make power closer to the big bikes is because of the extra rpm's they make over the bigger machines. And the reason the BMW makes the most power of any production bike stock, and is the quickest/fastest, is because it revs higher than anything else out there. No secret there......although the big bikes sure could use some bleeding edge technology themselves :whistle:

Funny man there Billy-boy :laugh: . One of the reasons the 1000's make power closer to the big bikes is because of the extra rpm's they make over the bigger machines. And the reason the BMW makes the most power of any production bike stock, and is the quickest/fastest, is because it revs higher than anything else out there. No secret there......although the big bikes sure could use some bleeding edge technology themselves :whistle:

gotcha...then again?..like i said earlier in this thread...here the euros were the ones who put the brakes on the speed wars years ago threatening Kawi with an impotation ban on the release of their raptor..billed as the 1st 200+mph out of the box production bike..but now it's okay for them to unleash their oh so awesome S1000RR?...like 10 years later?..talk about some sandbaggin biotchs! ???

a few years back yami pushed out a 600 with a claimed 17K redline (wasnt quite there and they got grilled for it) but whilst increased piston speed makes great top end ponies?..that aint "TORQUE" and them high revs dont happen till you off the line a ways..so again..i'll repost what i posted at the end of the previouse page...

Here's a good ? for you research freaks...

"Stock for Stock...is there any liter bike out there that can beat a busas 0-60 times?"

I know the stock genI busas were/are rated at 2.4 seconds..thank god mines modded..so maybe with a full system and well tuned PC i might get 2.2-2.3..are there any liter bikes that can deliver that sorta rush from a dead stop?

i'm asking here..i truely dont know..but i do know that the power to weight ratios got just about everything to do with it however i also know that from a dead stop?..power is TORQUE...not the mathmatical result of HP..and the busas got plenty of both...but she is a tad on the pudgy side of the spectrum.

dang i sound smart when i aint on hard drugs! :laugh:

L8R, Bill. aka "LL Not Cool J" :laugh:

Of course smaller displacement rev higher but bigger displacement makes more
hp easier (or should at least).

Are you ever going to be able to rev a ford 289 into the hp range of a boss 351 ???

Flat out no replacement for displacement...were done.

There is no way a stock motor that is 1/3 smaller than a busa engine should
make as much power...unless the busa motor is not all it should be...hmmm ???...

Funny thing is I think they just retired the old saying... "theres no replacement for displacement"....

Here's the rub. The Busa's engine was designed in the mid to late 90s. The Gen II isn't a technological improvement at all, it's just bigger cubes and compression. So it's a 12+ year old design and basically ancient by today's performance motorcycle standards.

The BMW's motor is a brand new design with current design/technologies used. New design/technology will surpass old displacement.

But imagine what the Gen II would be if Suzuki had designed a whole new engine with current design/technology and 1300cc or more?

Equivalent design/technology + higher displacement = MOAR POWAH:devil:

I beleive quickest would be 0 to 60 or 0 to what ever in the shortest amount of time. and Fastest would refer to top speed.

Here's the rub. The Busa's engine was designed in the mid to late 90s. The Gen II isn't a technological improvement at all, it's just bigger cubes and compression. So it's a 12+ year old design and basically ancient by today's performance motorcycle standards.

The BMW's motor is a brand new design with current design/technologies used. New design/technology will surpass old displacement.

But imagine what the Gen II would be if Suzuki had designed a whole new engine with current design/technology and 1300cc or more?

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT SINCE THE CHEAP :moon: UPDATE.

I just believe the Busa faithful, we....deserved better.

according to alot of stuff ive seen from suzuki about the busa is that mainly the aerodynamics..the bmw doesnt really look very aerodynamic to me but i havent seen it in the wind tunnel next to the busa...

Yep you hit that nail EXACTLY on the head. With the same current technology the BMW and the other liters are getting, the busa engine would be able to put out more power per cc, just like all the other bikes........and we'd actually be able to truly reap the benefits of our extra cc's :thumbsup: As is we're getting kinda short-changed in the tech department :banghead:

Just a side note...

As I've stated in this thread and many other occasions...
You go all out (within reason) and build the best bike you can
and sales and profit will take care of itself (a lesson current Suzuki manangment
has forgoten and is apparently clueless about)

picked up and skimmed an issue of "Superbikes" today at the bookstore.
Saw an article it said Great Britian has already gone thru and sold it's entire
2010 supply of the bmw 1000rr by mid june of this year...and we still have
left over 2009 busas siting around with no 2010 model years released :rofl:

Suzuki...HELLO....McFLY....

Back