Busa now 2nd fastest production bike?

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
I was scanning through an article in Motorcyclist Magazine last night about the new Harley Davidson Eagle Destroyer. They supposedly now call it the worlds fastest stock production motorcycle. They claim the Busa is now the 2nd fastest motorcycle. Kind of ironic since the other two publications (sportrider and cycleworld) still claim the Busa as the best.

But just the name in HD's Eagle Destroyer sounds like it was meant to try and dethrone the KING. Does anyone have more info on this article?

"The VRXSE Screamin' Eagle® V-Rod® Destroyerâ„¢ is H-D's first out-of-the-box, drag racing motorcycle. Based on the VRSCâ„¢ family and tuned by Custom Vehicle Operations, this bike can do a quarter mile run in under 10 seconds"

This is a drag racing bike. That's all it was made to do. Also, with riders of equal skill, the Busa would be about the same.

Maybe in their wildest dreams, the Busa is still the KING
bowdown.gif

I know some top fuel bikes are faster than the Busa...but a Harley out of the box?
laugh.gif

Don't let the hubby find out...I'll have to move from my home...
wow.gif

It's a cool bike, but with that wheellie bar attached it makes it a ##### riding from one bar to another so no one will want it.

Yeah, if you consider open exhaust, training wheels and a slick stock......
And it's quicker, not faster, but if you added a grand worth of the right parts to a bone stock Busa, it would slaughter the V-rod.....

A Harley guy at work was telling me about it.

$30,000 plus ,wheele bar and NOT street legal. Made just for the 1/4 mile.

Only runs high nines
laugh.gif

This is a technical feat of WOW! My HD positive friends will be very happy...
Think about the R&D that went into this bike. Now take twenty grand and apply it to your Busa! What do you think it'll do?
wow.gif

That's an impressive machine. I don't care what anyone thinks, the V-Rod is a cool bike (for what it is).

However, the bottom line is that Japanese horsepower is WAY cheaper.

I would like to see that bike run 190-200mph. Not going to happen (no aerodynamics). It may be quick, but hell it comes with a wheelie bar and drag slick which is not a good combination for cruising around town.

URBAN COWBOY

"The VRXSE Screamin' Eagle® V-Rod® Destroyerâ„¢ is H-D's first out-of-the-box, drag racing motorcycle. Based on the VRSCâ„¢ family and tuned by Custom Vehicle Operations, this bike can do a quarter mile run in under 10 seconds"

This is a drag racing bike. That's all it was made to do. Also, with riders of equal skill, the Busa would be about the same.
No.

The Destroyer is quicker. I know of no dead-stock and documented Busa (and I mean dead-stock... no sprocket, no lowering, no nothing... nada, zip, zero... box stock right off the floor), even with a professional rider running a 9.02 ET. I have the article at home documenting that ET.

The quickest dead stock Busa time I have ever heard of was the 9.43 run a while back in a comparo with the ZX-12.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129136322 -->

A Harley guy at work was telling me about it.

$30,000 plus ,wheele bar and NOT street legal. Made just for the 1/4 mile.

Only runs high nines  
laugh.gif
Runs basically 9 FLAT (9.02 @ 137mph). The Busa will out-trap it, but is not quicker across the quarter mile. Given another few tens of feet the Busa is going to pass it in a big hurry, but nobody in drag racing cares how fast you get to the turnaround...

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129136397 -->

With an MSRP of $31,249 per the H-D website, and NOT being street legal...

Why are they comparing the two bikes
rock.gif

Let someone spend the same amount of money on a Busa (slick/drag bar and all) and see who wins...H-D would go into hiding from the embarassment.
laugh.gif

Pacer, you are correct. I hadn't seen the new numbers yet. I was still looking at testing numbers before release.

As for the bike, it's being built to compete for sales in the pre-built race bike program. There is a similar offering from a few companies in the Prostck class, such as G2 Motorsports offering.

Basically, it's a fctory built race bike package for those people who want to make an attempt to run with the big boys, or for people who don;t have a ton of R&D money to start racing.

If I ever saw someone riding this bike on the street I would laugh at them because this is just another piece of HD Crap...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back