Brand new 2011 BUSA is totaled

Boy i'm glad you are OK..Goes to show that helmet is important. Would have been your skull that waould have crack!! get well soon

so sorry to hear that JZ. good to know you are OK and injuries are 'healable'. Wishing you a speedy recovery bro

Wow, that bike didn't last long, that's tragic, I feel for you not only for your physical pain but the loss of a true joy, that of being one with the busa. Take care and heal up, hopefully the doc is just being over cautious and doesn't want to make any promises. I'd say keep a positive attitude and hopefully you can get back on the saddle sooner rather than later!

3 years ago my now wife got injured in an auto accident . At the time it was 4 months before our wedding . She injured her right clavicle and both knees . More than one doctor told her it would take up to a year before she was okay and at best she would need a walker to go down the aisle . She was hell bent to walk down the aisle on her own and to more than one persons surprise she did . Don't put too much stock in what other people regardless of who they are tell you what you can do .

Hey guys I finally got home yesterday! I'm black and blue with a steel plate in my left arm. Police report put the other driver 100% at fault she said she did not see me. Anybody know how insurance works with totaling a bike. The front is destroyed the tank Is banged up all front cowls r wrecked. The handlebar turns oneway and the wheel goes the other way. The frame seems dented by the forks. The turns off once you put it in gear.

Bike is totaled. Do you have a lien holder on your policy? Check the value on NADA, add tax to that and don't accept anything less.

God speed on your recovery , Glad to hear you were'nt hurt worse . Screw it to the ladys insurance like your wrist .

man thats a bad deal. hope you have a full recovery. make sure you screw her like she screwed you. put it to her. lost time, lost time riding, pain, bla bla bla.

hopefully someday cagers will learn to pay more attention when at the wheel.
good luck on a hasty recovery.

Whoa sorry to here that,thank god you where wearing gear,hope that your better real soon:thumbsup:PS dont buy into every thing that they say because you know you.

Its been one week already and still waiting for ins adjuster to come to my house. we pay high premiums for full coverage and they tell me bikes are different to inspect. They say the adjuster has to go to the dealer for prices and value. Seems to me they do not know what they r doing. Front end collision at 25 mph head on, bike is screwed lets go already. anyone have any ideas or dealt with this before? PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE

Thanks

Its been one week already and still waiting for ins adjuster to come to my house. we pay high premiums for full coverage and they tell me bikes are different to inspect. They say the adjuster has to go to the dealer for prices and value. Seems to me they do not know what they r doing. Front end collision at 25 mph head on, bike is screwed lets go already. anyone have any ideas or dealt with this before? PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE

Thanks

Sorry if I missed it but what ins co do you have?
I've got state farm and yes when I crashed they did take their time as well as same thing it seemed they didn't know what they were doing. Adjuster told me heat shields and pads came with fairings and they didn't. It's a bit of a lengthy process but since for some time to come your main concern will be healing and getting back to 100% it's not an emergency. Just be patient and make sure they replace what needs to be replaced or total it if it should be so.

If the lady has decent insurance, you should get your money back on the bike and then some for pain and suffering. I was rear-ended in my cars some years back at high speed. Totaled my car (which I fixed) and then I settled directly with the girls agent for $6k for pain/suffering and lost wages and mine was just whiplash. Think multiples of medical bills.

Glad to hear it was not worse!

Back