Bike Went Dead

bigthumper

Registered
I have a 1 year old 2007 BUSA that is bone stock. It sits idle in the garage about three weeks between rides. I took it out today and everything was fine. Went 15 miles to gas station to fill up, then bike would not start again. Seemed that battery was dead. Had enough juice to start fuel pump and crack one or two turns, but not enough to start. I tried it about five times but no luck.
deadhorse.gif
I got a jump and started it, but now white smoke is coming out the pipes and the bike is sputtering and sluggish. Did I mess it up or just maybe foul plugs by turning it over too much? Please help.
deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

Can't help you out on what might be the problem now,but can offer this advice...

Battery Tender! Since you have your bike sit for extended periods of time. It will not only extend the life of your battery,it will keep it charged.

Good luck on the other.

I can't imagine why white smoke would be coming out for just fouled plugs. Parking a bike for weeks means you should always park it with a full tank. Helps cut down on inside the tank condensation. And for just three weeks sitting idle, a battery tender should not be necessary. Not sure if I'd try riding it to 'clean' it out or change plugs and then ride it or take it to a dealer for a warranty inspection. I switch between three bikes and only occasionally use a tender, sometimes one or another will sit for 2-3 months with no problems.

Well the white smoke doesn't sound good,how much?,a lot a little?,is the bike broken in?,keep the oil clean?,warm it up sufficiently after it's been sitting? Are you the type that uses the kill switch then leaves the key on? I would check the battery first,if charge needed-trickle charge-don't fry it trying to power charge it. It tells you how to charge the battery in the manual-page 7-8.

Well the white smoke doesn't sound good,how much?,a lot a little?,is the bike broken in?,keep the oil clean?,warm it up sufficiently after it's been sitting?  Are you the type that uses the kill switch then leaves the key on?  I would check the battery first,if charge needed-trickle charge-don't fry it trying to power charge it. It tells you how to charge the battery in the manual-page 7-8.
what he said

It's condensation built up from going warm and cool sitting in garage.....You hear any knocking?

I had the same problem minus the smoke. My original battery died on me pretty fast. Started it went for a ride to barnes and noble came out and wouldnt turn over. had the dealership come and pick it up and replace the battery. Should be under warranty still. No idea about the smoke though. Good luck.

Back