Dead battery?

The fact that you can get a little bit of charge into the battery by jump starting and ride along for a short distance points more towards the charging system. Get someone to test the stator and voltage regulator before flushing money down the toilet on a new battery.
Also a stock type sealed battery typically gets weak over time giving you plenty of warning through labored starts, especially when the engine is hot. I just replaced my original '04 battery a few weeks ago because it's been getting sluggish.

You said you put a new battery in last year. Was it a cheap crap battery from a place like Walmart or Autozone? If so, have you pulled it out to check the water level?

Getting old, what are you saying?? I have the org. battery in my ann. '03 pumpkin with 39,000 miles:bowdown: I must admit it's about time to replace it though. I'd guess there's more than battery problems though.???

Bought a new battery for a 100 bucks sat morning, slapped it in there and made a 450 mile round trip to Oklahoma to see my grandson. Havent seen him or talked to him in over 4 months. Lots of tears. Great trip. He is 3 and still my best friend. Loves "Grandood's" mocycle.

On a side note, got challenged by a Lamborghini Gallardo and a stock Busa on the way up. Wish I could say the Busa did better, but I learned you should never race a Lambo like that from an 80 mph rollon. I finally took him at around 190something. Let the flaming begin, I know its dangerous and I know the law. Just couldnt resist.

Back