Battery Failure so bad, it won't keep running

Rusheriv, I like those Shorais, it's smaller so they send like little foam (whatever material) to take up the space, right? I think I read somewhere that the Ballistic Batteries may not exactly fit, and required some mods to the frame :crowbar: I don't want any part of altering the frame to put a new battery in. Did you get the standard, or the next tier, Duration?

The ballistic 12 cell fits just fine and has waaay more cca than the stock battery. It's actually smaller than the stock battery.

so they send like little foam (whatever material) to take up the space, right? Did you get the standard, or the next tier, Duration?
I got the upgrade with more amps and yes, it comes in a box full of sticky-backed foam sheets of varying thickness. It's so light that when it shipped to the house I had no idea what it was until I opened the outer shipping box. Just didn't feel like the weight of a battery.

I think the battery gets you, but the stator from memory is a resistance reading across the three coils, from memory 4.6K Ohms. The Rectifier / Stator voltage test, crank bike place voltmeter across battery increase motor speed to 5K RPMs and look for basically 13.6 volts, no more than 14.4. Now go download the free manual and see how messed up my memory is.

Robert, manual downloaded. You are close. If the voltage check (@ 5000 rpm) is < 13.4 V or > 15.1, I am to check the regulator / rectifier. New Lithium battery on the way (w/special charger/maintainer). I'll give all this a try. Thanks for everyone's inputs on this. :thumbsup:

I got the new Shorai Lithium Iron Battery. (LFX18A1-BS12) This new technology is really cool. The battery is so lite it's kind of spooky. The new charger inspires much confidence also. You can install the tending cable permanently, which will make it easier to keep it "Tending" without having to take the battery in and out of the bike. It started right up, cranks like crazy. I'm happy. I don't know why I had the lapse, I really know better than to let those lead / acid batteries languish. Soon, they are just junk. This whole set up was rather expensive, $246 total. However, this will prompt me to pay more attention to maintenance issues. Thanks for everyone's input, it was a boost to my moral after having my first Busa failure in ten years. This site ROCKS. Hoo Rah Hayabusa.org

I got the new Shorai Lithium Iron Battery. (LFX18A1-BS12) This new technology is really cool. The battery is so lite it's kind of spooky. The new charger inspires much confidence also. You can install the tending cable permanently, which will make it easier to keep it "Tending" without having to take the battery in and out of the bike. It started right up, cranks like crazy. I'm happy. I don't know why I had the lapse, I really know better than to let those lead / acid batteries languish. Soon, they are just junk. This whole set up was rather expensive, $246 total. However, this will prompt me to pay more attention to maintenance issues. Thanks for everyone's input, it was a boost to my moral after having my first Busa failure in ten years. This site ROCKS. Hoo Rah Hayabusa.org
As far as your investment, the Lithium battery will last about twice as long as the sealed lead acid, and in your case maybe as much as four times as long. The Lithiums can sit on the shelve for nearly a year.

Back