Battery

Soap

Registered
Hey Guys,

I have a battery question. I have been starting my bike once every month during the winter. I also have a battery tender, this is the first time experiencing this problem. I tender the battery, start it up for 10-15 minutes, turn it of, and try to start it up but it won't start up. How much does it usually cost to replace a battery. I have an 06 busa, thanks for any help.

it could have frozen during the winter

Picture 012.jpg

take it out and bring it inside.. I just remove mine and leave it inside all winter and put it on the charger when spring hits...

Hey Guys,

I have a battery question. I have been starting my bike once every month during the winter. I also have a battery tender, this is the first time experiencing this problem. I tender the battery, start it up for 10-15 minutes, turn it of, and try to start it up but it won't start up. How much does it usually cost to replace a battery. I have an 06 busa, thanks for any help.

A battery cost anywhere from 80-100 dollars. I don't understand it dies after running it for 15 min! This may be a dumb question but you are receiving a green light on your tender. If the answer is yes, how long have you had that battery? It may be time for a change.

I left the tender on for like an hour, my tender doesn't have a green/red light on it, should I get a tender that is a charger as well. I thought it was strange too b/c if it was dead, it wouldn't start at all. Do you think I should keep it tender for longer or get a charger? Thanks

I left the tender on for like an hour, my tender doesn't have a green/red light on it, should I get a tender that is a charger as well. I thought it was strange too b/c if it was dead, it wouldn't start at all. Do you think I should keep it tender for longer or get a charger? Thanks

Soap, I would get a tender with indicator light on it. Your battery may not have been fully charged. Understand the busa has big engine and if you have any other things hooked up to it it will kill your drain your battery. You may want to do a search on 24volt system (2 batteries). Some guys have double batteries hooked up, myself included. Hope this helps!!!

I leave my Battery Tender on 100% of the time that I am not riding.
The bike is running or the tender is on.
That is how they are designed to work.
Bring it inside and leave the tender on for 24 hours.
If it does the same thing you need a new battery.

Last edited:
Upgrade the batt to the one with more cranking amps and purchase a new tender with an indicator light. I think I paid 95.00 for the batt and 28.00 for the tender.:beerchug:

Also, letting the bike just idle for 10 to 15 minutes will not charge the battery, your rpm's need to be upwards of 2k or better to charge the system. We made the same mistake with my wifes bike.

Hey Guys,

Best thing to do is to store it in your living room. How many people have a fat azz Busa in their living room as a personal lounge chair? That makes her love to go out for walks/RUNS!:bowdown::laugh:

I don't understand why the tender didn't take care of it, but on the GenIs you get a very poor charge at idle and especially if the idle isn't properly adjusted. Crank it up and take a 15 to 20 mile ride and I bet it will crank.

Back