need help- won't start

fastpastprime

Registered
I left the key on and killed the battery on my '06. Dissconnected the battery and recharged overnight with a trickle charger. Now it just cranks and cranks but fails to fire up. All fuses seem fine. Battery was out and replaced last June without issue so I can't imagine something needing to be reset. Was starting fine previously. Fuel injection light flashes when cranking. Any help here would be appreciated.

Do you hear your fuel pump whine for a couple of seconds when you turn the key and the ignition switch on?

if you don't hear the pump prime, my first guess would be the pump fuse or relay.

Also make sure you have in excess of 12v coming out of that battery. If you have sub 12v, the bike will not start.

Last edited:
thanks but its not my first day in the saddle.

you realize then if you do actually start your bike, hold it full throttle and pull either of your battery leads...the bike shuts off imediately. It is a closed loop electrical system.

anyway, if the pump is priming then you need to see if you are actually getting fuel.

You need 12.7 volts for the injectors to fire.
It won't start without at a minimum 12.5 volts.
You should get a meter and measure it before you start chasing anything else. IMO

Hey: Welcome!

:welcome:

Back