Please help won't start..........

Crpadem

Registered
I have a 2001 Busa that cranks but won't start if I spray starting fluid in the throttle bodies it starts up and will run and throttle up but once I let it idle it stalls out and I have to spray starting fluid in ,I have pulled the fuel pump and cleaned the filter and alot of dirt was in it put it back together and still the same thing pull the fuel line of and turn the bike on real nice stream of steady gas . So I'm not sure what to do next I really need my bike this week cause my truck is in the shop. Mods include k&n air filter ,air box mod ,muzzy exhaust,power comander . No tre and it has a fresh battery in it and I'm pretty sure the tsp is good

sounds almost like crank sensor bad. or like ecu controling the injectors is bad. hang in there others with more knowledge will chime in soon.

So it will start and run as long as you use fluid? But if you dont use fluid it just cranks? Any chance the injectors are clogged? And welcome to the oRg.

Fuel / Air / Spark , Check plugs and idle setting. Are you using the fast idle switch when you start the bike ?

Good spark I can get it to start with starting fluid n it will run if I open the throttle after a few minutes if I let it just idle it shuts off n I have to use starting fluid to start it back up how do u check the crank sensor

Ok so I go out pull the fast idle and it starts right up after sitting all night sounds good good throttle let it sit there for a few minutes n bam it stalls again n won't start back up I cycle the key a few times n it fires up but stalls right out is this clogged injectors or something I have read that there are little screens filters ne'er the fuel rail . This is my third Busa n I have never had this prob but this is my highest millage one I have owned 20000 on the clock

fill the tank with premium and pour a can of sea foam in it...get it started and keep it running so the sea foam cleans those injectors and the fuel pump...

I agree. Try cleaning the fuel system. If that fails I would check fuel pressure with a gauge. Your fuel pump might be going south.

I agree. Try cleaning the fuel system. If that fails I would check fuel pressure with a gauge. Your fuel pump might be going south.

that for sure is my other thought when he said he had to cycle the key a couple times....sounds like its not building pressure..

Got the bike running seams to be the fuel filter after cleaning it I had 43 psi fuel pressure put it all back together n it's running fine after about 25mi it's hard to start again back to having to use the fast idle to start n loss power again any ideas on were to get a replacement fuel filter for cheaper than 200 or the best way to clean them

Got the bike running seams to be the fuel filter after cleaning it I had 43 psi fuel pressure put it all back together n it's running fine after about 25mi it's hard to start again back to having to use the fast idle to start n loss power again any ideas on were to get a replacement fuel filter for cheaper than 200 or the best way to clean them

Do a search for instructions, pix, vids on how to, and check with sponsors for a better price.

I have a 2001 Busa that cranks but won't start if I spray starting fluid in the throttle bodies it starts up and will run and throttle up but once I let it idle it stalls out and I have to spray starting fluid in ,I have pulled the fuel pump and cleaned the filter and alot of dirt was in it put it back together and still the same thing pull the fuel line of and turn the bike on real nice stream of steady gas . So I'm not sure what to do next I really need my bike this week cause my truck is in the shop. Mods include k&n air filter ,air box mod ,muzzy exhaust,power comander . No tre and it has a fresh battery in it and I'm pretty sure the tsp is good

Thought you had already taken care of filter. Glad you got it. Make sure that fuel tank is clean too, or you'll find yourself back at square one soon.

I'm not sure what your problem is now but if you keep hitting it with an unknown dose of ether you wont have to worry about it anymore.

Ok so I go out pull the fast idle and it starts right up after sitting all night sounds good good throttle let it sit there for a few minutes n bam it stalls again n won't start back up I cycle the key a few times n it fires up but stalls right out is this clogged injectors or something I have read that there are little screens filters ne'er the fuel rail . This is my third Busa n I have never had this prob but this is my highest millage one I have owned 20000 on the clock

sounds like a bad pick up coil

Back