2006 LE NO START

cnifrye

Registered
My 06 busa has been sitting idle for over year and half. When i return home and tried to start it, it would not start. here is a list of things I have done.
1. Drained all old fuel out. replaced with high octane and one bottle of heat. 1/2 tank fuel now.
2. Cleaned fuel injectors with Throttle body cleaner.
3. Changed all four spark plugs.
4. Battery is fully charged.
situation: The starter cranks & engine turns but no start. It tries to but won't kick in. I sprayed starter fluid in throttle body and tried to start it a few times.
It started and went out , I did it again then rapidly grab the throttle to give it high rpms. I got it started and running at 3200 rpms for five minutes. I cut my throttle lock off and when RPMS dropped it died. I tried to restart it with out starter fluid and it would not start. I put the air filter back on and reconnected the air tubes and electrical connectors. Tried to start it again The bike started briefly for like 5 seconds then shut off . I tried restarting it and got nothing. But starter is engaging and turning. I tired this for like 5 more times until battery was too low to turn starter. There's no F1 light. The bike was not worked on or rode during the time it sat. The bike was running fine with no issues before it was stored in garage. There is only 5k miles on the bike. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this no start issue.

DC651A69-CB04-4275-8003-54E595CF1916_1_201_a.jpeg

Sounds to me like your injectors are clogged.
Thanks,
I did clean them by connecting batter power to terminals to acetate injectors. In doing so, i did have fluid pass through them. With that being said is it still your oppenion they are still clogged? If so, what other method would you suggest to clean? or should i get new ones?

Thanks,
I did clean them by connecting batter power to terminals to acetate injectors. In doing so, i did have fluid pass through them. With that being said is it still your oppenion they are still clogged? If so, what other method would you suggest to clean? or should i get new ones?
What did the spray pattern look like?

Make sure all vacuum lines and electrical are connected or else it wont idle and would be very hard to start. Did the tank have rust from sitting?

Make sure all vacuum lines and electrical are connected or else it wont idle and would be very hard to start. Did the tank have rust from sitting?
Thanks. From what I can tell it did not. When i checked the fuel samples there was a small amount cloudy substance that settled to the bottom of bottle but I did not see any particles are anything. Did not borescope or remove the pump.

Thanks. From what I can tell it did not. When i checked the fuel samples there was a small amount cloudy substance that settled to the bottom of bottle but I did not see any particles are anything. Did not borescope or remove the pump.
Also, I am pretty sure I reconnected everything( But i can double check). But keep in mind it did start briefly once i put the air filter back on. 5-7 seconds run time.

Thanks. Given that I was able to fill a 16 ounce bottle with fuel from each pump prime. Is this something i still need to look at? Should I remove the pump from the tank?

Wow, just 5K on that beauty. Wishing you luck with it as mine seemed to be the only 06LE around here and it’s approaching 70,000 miles. Three weeks is about all mine has ever sat. BTW, no one should try starting a bike with bad untreated fuel in it. Why pump that foul gas into the injectors? If it’s bad change it (before) trying to start it. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I really think you need to hook up a power wire and ground wire to the pump (by-pass the relay and the ECU) and disconnect the fuel hose to the fuel rail, put the hose into a large container and check to see how well the fuel is flowing.
This test will confirm whether the fuel delivery is the problem, or if the problem lies further down the line, such as the injectors.
A fuel pressure test would be advised as well.
You should not crank the engine on the starter when the battery is going flat and the starter cranking speed is getting slower.
You will fuel-foul the plugs with little to no spark as the voltage drops below the threshold needed to power up the ECU and in turn fire up the coils with a strong healthy blue spark at the plugs.
I always connect a jumper pack to assist the starter cranking speed and keep the voltage and current up.
Good luck, keep us informed with how it works out.

Wow, just 5K on that beauty. Wishing you luck with it as mine seemed to be the only 06LE around here and it’s approaching 70,000 miles. Three weeks is about all mine has ever sat. BTW, no one should try starting a bike with bad untreated fuel in it. Why pump that foul gas into the injectors? If it’s bad change it (before) trying to start it. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Thanks.

I really think you need to hook up a power wire and ground wire to the pump (by-pass the relay and the ECU) and disconnect the fuel hose to the fuel rail, put the hose into a large container and check to see how well the fuel is flowing.
This test will confirm whether the fuel delivery is the problem, or if the problem lies further down the line, such as the injectors.
A fuel pressure test would be advised as well.
You should not crank the engine on the starter when the battery is going flat and the starter cranking speed is getting slower.
You will fuel-foul the plugs with little to no spark as the voltage drops below the threshold needed to power up the ECU and in turn fire up the coils with a strong healthy blue spark at the plugs.
I always connect a jumper pack to assist the starter cranking speed and keep the voltage and current up.
Good luck, keep us informed with how it works out.
Thanks. I am not exactly to sure how to bypass the ECU. But i did disconnect the fuel line from the pump and turn the key to see the flow when it primes. it seem to flow pretty smooth. I am not sure if there should be high pressure coming out like spraying everywhere or just a steady stream of fuel flowing out? But i think i will just replace my injectors since they are low cost and the bike is already tore down.

My 06 busa has been sitting idle for over year and half. When i return home and tried to start it, it would not start. here is a list of things I have done.
1. Drained all old fuel out. replaced with high octane and one bottle of heat. 1/2 tank fuel now.
2. Cleaned fuel injectors with Throttle body cleaner.
3. Changed all four spark plugs.
4. Battery is fully charged.
situation: The starter cranks & engine turns but no start. It tries to but won't kick in. I sprayed starter fluid in throttle body and tried to start it a few times.
It started and went out , I did it again then rapidly grab the throttle to give it high rpms. I got it started and running at 3200 rpms for five minutes. I cut my throttle lock off and when RPMS dropped it died. I tried to restart it with out starter fluid and it would not start. I put the air filter back on and reconnected the air tubes and electrical connectors. Tried to start it again The bike started briefly for like 5 seconds then shut off . I tried restarting it and got nothing. But starter is engaging and turning. I tired this for like 5 more times until battery was too low to turn starter. There's no F1 light. The bike was not worked on or rode during the time it sat. The bike was running fine with no issues before it was stored in garage. There is only 5k miles on the bike. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this no start issue.

Last edited:
Ok Here his an update on the 06 LE.after learning of the $1200 ejector replacement. I had the injectors cleaned at the shop. one was pretty clogged they said. I put everything back together. The bike will start after a few revolutions and run at a low idle. But now it will not respond to throttle engagement. Meaning each time I go to throttle it cuts off. If i let idle for a while and warm up and throttle, it will hesitates like there is nothing there. Like its sucking air then fuel kicks in and wants to jump from 1000 to 5000 rpms. I still do not have a F1 Light, the only thing i have not tried yet was change the fuel strainer. Anyone have any Ideas

Should have started at the heart of the system which is the fuel pump and strainer. Also sounds like you may have a massive vacuum leak. Once you get it running, spray starting fluid around all the hose connections, throttle body boots, and so on... If you get a rise in rpm, there is a leak.

Should have started at the heart of the system which is the fuel pump and strainer. Also sounds like you may have a massive vacuum leak. Once you get it running, spray starting fluid around all the hose connections, throttle body boots, and so on... If you get a rise in rpm, there is a leak.
Dustin,
Thanks I plan to change the strainer out it just came in today

With these symptoms I would always start by checking fuel pressure and FUEL DELIVERY.

Then test injectors if the first tests check out OK.

I also use that spray test for vacuum leaks, but I use brake cleaner spirit, works the same way.

Back