Starting issues

doug24nellie

Registered
04 Busa has new stator, new fuel pump, new injectors, new battery, new regulator...turns over, sounds like it wants to start but wont...sprayed some starter fluid in it and it runs until fluid is used up... took the tank off, the lines are full of fuel but dry in injector ports and throttle holes... check for clogged fuel lines and injector ports...all clear! Any ideas?

04 Busa has new stator, new fuel pump, new injectors, new battery, new regulator...turns over, sounds like it wants to start but wont...sprayed some starter fluid in it and it runs until fluid is used up... took the tank off, the lines are full of fuel but dry in injector ports and throttle holes... check for clogged fuel lines and injector ports...all clear! Any ideas?

Welcome to the site. Feel free to introduce yourself. What is your experience with bikes? Can you hear pump Start when you turn on ignition

Yes pump primes and I even checked to see if fuel is being pushed from the pump, when I removed the fuel lines to the fuel rail and/or pump... fuel runs out but nothing in the injector housings

Starts if I put starter fluid in throttle but shut off, could it not be getting enough pressure to push fuel into the injectors even though the pump is priming

did you forget to plug in the airbox air flow sensor? check you battery voltage first . why did you start replacing all this stuff in your bike ? this is a little more than a tune up for a older bike.

You put on a new fuel pump ? If you didnt put o rings back on pump or split them while installing you wont get enough fuel pressure

Back