2006 LE NO START

Huh? I'd like to see the formula of those cleaners.
That's news to me lol.
I must be out of touch here Downunder :confused:
It was surprising to me as well, I've always used either brake cleaner or ether for that purpose, but about a year ago I tried and it didn't work. Tried lighting it directly and it wouldn't burn. Asked about it next time I went to the parts store and was told the formula had changed....

Dustin,
Thanks I plan to change the strainer out it just came in today
Did you figure out what was wrong? I'm working on a friend's 2001 'busa which was in dry storage for 3 years (but not properly setup for long term storage) and I'm trying to get it running. Put in fresh gas and new battery. Gas was bad...yellow and smelled more of turpentine than gasoline. Also, removed the fuel pump...seemed okay from visual inspection but I did notice that the secondary insulation (clear) on the wiring was yellowed and brittle and easily broke into small pieces. The engine just cranks and won't start. The fuel pump fuse blew two times when trying to start it. Changed fuse a third time and the fuse doesn't blow when trying to start but the bike continues to crank and doesn't start. I suspect the pump is bad but it's very expensive and I'm not a parts changer home mechanic. Bike is completely stock and never had mechanical problems so everything is intact, no modifications and all original parts. It has about 14,400 miles on it. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you figure out what was wrong? I'm working on a friend's 2001 'busa which was in dry storage for 3 years (but not properly setup for long term storage) and I'm trying to get it running. Put in fresh gas and new battery. Gas was bad...yellow and smelled more of turpentine than gasoline. Also, removed the fuel pump...seemed okay from visual inspection but I did notice that the secondary insulation (clear) on the wiring was yellowed and brittle and easily broke into small pieces. The engine just cranks and won't start. The fuel pump fuse blew two times when trying to start it. Changed fuse a third time and the fuse doesn't blow when trying to start but the bike continues to crank and doesn't start. I suspect the pump is bad but it's very expensive and I'm not a parts changer home mechanic. Bike is completely stock and never had mechanical problems so everything is intact, no modifications and all original parts. It has about 14,400 miles on it. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
If the insulation on the fuel pump wires inside the tank is going bad and you're blowing a fuse more than likely one of your wires is going to ground and I personally wouldn't risk a fire or injury. The fuel pumps are not very expensive at all you just have to pull it from the fuel pump assembly and install a new one there less than a hundred bucks

If the insulation on the fuel pump wires inside the tank is going bad and you're blowing a fuse more than likely one of your wires is going to ground and I personally wouldn't risk a fire or injury. The fuel pumps are not very expensive at all you just have to pull it from the fuel pump assembly and install a new one there less than a hundred bucks
Thank you Sparky. I agree with you and will consider just changing the pump within the housing. I just don't want to get into changing the pump, then the filters, then the pressure regulator, etc. and considered purchasing the entire setup as sold by Suzuki. At this point my friend is willing to spend the $600 on a new fuel pump setup. I just want to make sure that the pump is the correct fix and also realize that the fuel injection system could be the next problem once the pump is fixed. Do you have a recommendation on an aftermaket fuel pump that would be a direct replacement with no mods needed to install?

Thank you Sparky. I agree with you and will consider just changing the pump within the housing. I just don't want to get into changing the pump, then the filters, then the pressure regulator, etc. and considered purchasing the entire setup as sold by Suzuki. At this point my friend is willing to spend the $600 on a new fuel pump setup. I just want to make sure that the pump is the correct fix and also realize that the fuel injection system could be the next problem once the pump is fixed. Do you have a recommendation on an aftermaket fuel pump that would be a direct replacement with no mods needed to install?
I looked on Ebay and found oem replacements

Back