Can't start

tosha.3

Registered
Hi guys. I can not start my 01 busa. I was riding on the hiway when engine stoped and it ruined starter. I changed a starter motor and when I tried to start again-it ruined brand new starter motor again. I found on the forum that it could be a starter clutch issue. So I replaced starter clutch (2003 according to bulletin) and starter motor. Starter works good now but I still can not start it. It backfiring and starts only for 1 second and stops. Looks like timing changed. I checked spark plugs (good spark), all connections, charged battery, cleaned fuel pump and air filter. Still nothing. Starting fluid doesn't help. Guys help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a holiday weekend, the gurus may be running late.

Hang in there.

cam chain tentioner ? probably slipped timming thats why your eatin up the starters !
rock.gif

Even if it has slipped. 1tooth on the inlet wheel is 9 degrees and it should run. Sounds like the same problem I have and I have not sorted it yet
wow.gif

Still working on it and YES IT IS P****** me off

I brought bike to dealer. They found out only bad battery and they 99% sure it is a ECU problem (it cost me $270). So they ordered new ECU (looks like if they do not know what's wrong they always blame ECU) for $1000. We will see if it helps.

It's rediculos! Finally they found a problem (accidentally) it was a loosen bolt on sensor in alternator (crancshaft position sensor). This bolt simply fell off inside oil pan. No damage to internal parts. This morons spent 3 weeks before they found this. So they charged me $860 for this frikin bolt and also they cut all my stuff which I installed by myself (radar, alarm, neons, power sokets) and refused to put it back, they want more money to do this. So now I have to spent whole week install everything back. I hate them, I want to kill them. Morons. they do not know a sh**t about bikes. Never go to Palm Motorsports in Punta Gorda, Florida. never, never, never...

Dealerships suck!!

They used to provide quality service, but now the mechanics they employ are worthless.  I've had similar experiences with dealerships
guns.gif

Back