06 Busa Starting Problem

DGB

Registered
A couple of weeks ago my 06 Busa started having some trouble starting, and wound up leaving me stranded! At first I thought it was a hot starting issue, but soon came to realize it wasn't. If the bike is sitting for awhile, sometimes a few hours, it will start right up, but if I cut it off and try to restart it the bike does nothing. No click, no turn over, nothing. All the lights and gauges work fully. Normally, if I haven't ridden it I can get it to restart within a minute or two, but if I take it out even on a 5 minute ride I won't restart for awhile. I can fully cool down the bike and it still won't start. Can't seem to push start it either, which isn't surprising. I've done some research and haven't come up with much which is why I'm asking here. I had replaced the battery right before this started happening, so I thought maybe it was that. Turns out the battery I bought was pretty low on CCA so I replaced it for the OEM Yuasa battery. Thought this would fix my problem, it didn't. I don't think it is a battery issue, I've checked the terminals and I keep the battery on a tender when I'm not riding it. The starting of the bike seems very random now, and it has gotten worse over the last 2 weeks or so. For instance, I had to push it home and tried starting it the whole way then I was almost home and magically it started, an easy start too turned right over. I am thinking it is possibly a bad starter or starter solenoid? I am not an expert at bikes by any means which is why I came here to ask!

Back