Busa hard to start.

HERO TANK

Registered
Hello my BUSA family, i have looked everywhere to try and find a problem like mine but i havent. So once again i need the power of the org:1zhelp:.. Ok to make this short and simple, if the bike sits for a day or so its very hard to start, so to get it started i sprayed starter fluid in the air ducts it started and ran fine all day, but if it sits for to long it wnt start unless i spray starter fluid in it to get it started. battery is new, just changed the spark plugs about three months ago. PLZ HELP...

What is the idle set at? How many miles and have the TB's been synced?

I would test the battery. use a voltmeter to see what the volts are after a couple of days and while you are trying to start it.

Do you have an alarm on it?...or any other electonics that could be draining it?

does it turn over and over like it should...or does it drag to turn over?

I would test the battery. use a voltmeter to see what the volts are after a couple of days and while you are trying to start it.

Do you have an alarm on it?...or any other electonics that could be draining it?

does it turn over and over like it should...or does it drag to turn over?

yes it turns over and over like it should, can the fuel pump be going out? because when i click it on i can here like a spray sound from the fuel pump then sometimes i dont here the sound, or can it be the air filter? im just guessing..

yes it turns over and over like it should, can the fuel pump be going out? because when i click it on i can here like a spray sound from the fuel pump then sometimes i dont here the sound, or can it be the air filter? im just guessing..

could be the fuel filter is dirty and not getting enough fuel

when you first turn on the key the fuel pump should always prime. You would hear a whining noise until it primes...last about 2-3 seconds...then it stops. But is should do it every time you turn on the key.

when you first turn on the key the fuel pump should always prime. You would hear a whining noise until it primes...last about 2-3 seconds...then it stops. But is should do it every time you turn on the key.

it does whine everytime, but along with the whining sometime i can here a spraying sound to, then sometimes i dont here the spraying sound but i still here the whining sound, i cleaned and changed my fuel filter before winter.

it does whine everytime, but along with the whining sometime i can here a spraying sound to, then sometimes i dont here the spraying sound but i still here the whining sound, i cleaned and changed my fuel filter before winter.

battery voltage is critical. assuming that is a known good, the sometime spraying/ not spraying sound that accompanies the fuel pump prime is odd. any relation to starting, as in if you dont hear the sound it doesnt start?

really hard to call good or bad without hearing/ seeing! any .org folks in your area that can listen?

Try to key it on and let the fuel pump prime for the 2-3 seconds like it should do then turn the key off and do it again a few other times. Could be the fuel pump check valve is weak and letting the fuel pressure drop off when it sits for a while or could be a weak fuel pump that isn't priming as fast as it should.

Easy to try before you start throwing parts at it..

Try to key it on and let the fuel pump prime for the 2-3 seconds like it should do then turn the key off and do it again a few other times. Could be the fuel pump check valve is weak and letting the fuel pressure drop off when it sits for a while or could be a weak fuel pump that isn't priming as fast as it should.

Easy to try before you start throwing parts at it..

yes because it seems like its starving for gas when im trying to start it.

Back