Battery from Walmart

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I did a search and someone named RacerV did a post saying that he got a battery from Walmart for $75. Do you have to take the dead battery to them, or can they look it up? I'm strapped for cash.

Also, someone said you can jump a bike from a car. Can a dead Busa battery handle the current while you jump the bike, or is it going to blow up in my face?

Dont start the car and you can jump a bike battery, again, do not do this with the car running! I dont think walmart will replace the battery for you. The walmart near me does not carry one for the busa, but you can use the same one from an 06 Katana 750. Take your old one with you if you dont ride it up there.

walmart here has a lil computer thing and a book for look up, for some reason the ones here dont have em for 1st gen but they got em for 2nd gen:dunno:
as far as the jumping I have read mixed reviews on it but im not an electric god either but I prolly wouldnt do it.

What "twotonevert" said.

I have a Busa here with a lazy battery.
Dont use it very often (its waiting for work to be done on it)
I jump it from my Ute (pick-up) WITHOUT the Ute's engine running.
Never had a drama. Works fine for me.

As posted above, the story goes that you can jump a bike from a non-running car. Wal-mart stocks a lot of batteries, but whether or not they have the one you need is a crap shoot.

I did a search and someone named RacerV did a post saying that he got a battery from Walmart for $75. Do you have to take the dead battery to them, or can they look it up? I'm strapped for cash.

Also, someone said you can jump a bike from a car. Can a dead Busa battery handle the current while you jump the bike, or is it going to blow up in my face?

I've jumped mine before from a non-running car with no issues. I bought it last year with a bad battery. I've since replaced it with a MotoBatt from Tim (Pashnit).

Motorcycle Batteries | MotoBatt - Gel Sealed, Ready to Use | Pashnit Moto

He has batteries for the Hayabusa at $65. Hit him up if you're interested and can wait on the shipping (pretty quick). I'm pretty happy with mine.

It will fry the starter for one if you jump it while the car is running.Also remember the stator/alternator is not a battery charger.It maintains the charge in the battery.A jump will just get it started but not actually charge the battery.Better to put it on a charger.

I've jumped mine from a running truck before. Early Bird gave me a jump at the bash without any problems :thumbsup: Also, I have used the wally world battery. It last a little over 2 years.

Also remember the stator/alternator is not a battery charger.It maintains the charge in the battery.A jump will just get it started but not actually charge the battery.Better to put it on a charger.

So if you have a hard time starting and you run your battery down and finally get the bike started......What do you think charges the battery back up???? The Battery Fairy?:rofl:

For a seriously dead battery a charger may be more controllable but the alternator will charge a battery as long as you are running above a fast idle.

:whistle: Running car not running car, makes no difference folks as long as both systems are compatible i.e. 12 VDC. The Busa actually has a charging system :laugh: The Gen I doesn't do so well below normal idle, but otherwise does just fine. A battery is a storage device and only delivers what it's asked for or the maximum it is capable of delivering.

I've jumped mine before from a non-running car with no issues. I bought it last year with a bad battery. I've since replaced it with a MotoBatt from Tim (Pashnit).

Motorcycle Batteries | MotoBatt - Gel Sealed, Ready to Use | Pashnit Moto

He has batteries for the Hayabusa at $65. Hit him up if you're interested and can wait on the shipping (pretty quick). I'm pretty happy with mine.

I checked out Pashnit, and the $65 turned into $80 at checkout. Is the difference the shipping? You can't tell by looking at the shopping basket.
$80 I can afford. $150 from Zuke is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help!

What "twotonevert" said.

I have a Busa here with a lazy battery.
Dont use it very often (its waiting for work to be done on it)
I jump it from my Ute (pick-up) WITHOUT the Ute's engine running.
Never had a drama. Works fine for me.

This one is more than 6 years old, and it is as dead as Kellsy's nuts. I just need to replace it.

You can get a genuine Yuasa sealed AGM battery as cheap as one of those crappy batteries from Walmart or Advance Auto Parts.

I'm curious. What is the different about a Gen1 battery compared to a Gen2?
Bigger? Different shape?

Back