please help me on my bike

Advanced Auto also sells the NGKs..most auto parts stores do also..

I would say old skool choke is different than what there calling a choke nowdays..its more like a high idler!!

^^not yet i have been pretty busy with alot of other things

e-racer im on my way to O'Riley's they have the ngk cr9e aka 6263 for 3.39 and 5 in stock im good to go on that end now just crossing my fingers hoping that will fix the problem

^^not yet i have been pretty busy with alot of other things

e-racer im on my way to O'Riley's they have the ngk cr9e aka 6263 for 3.39 and 5 in stock im good to go on that end now just crossing my fingers hoping that will fix the problem

Just make sure that battery is completely charged, put the fast idle lever in full on position and stay off the throttle until it cranks.

well guys i put my plugs in and bike cranked right up without even putting the battery on tender....thx for all of the help...the sad part is i shouldve known to check those but anyway it fixed now and im happy lol

I had something like this happen to me a while back. I tried everything......plugs, draining the fuel rail, even different injectors. Turned out one of the sensors on the airbox went bad. If I unplugged it, the thing runs fine but has an FI light due to the unplugged sensor. Plug it in while its running & the bike dies & won't start back.

Just on a side note, That 93 Octane really isnt doing you any good. She will run just as good on 87 :whistle:

sounds like you have fouled a plug or two. change the plugs and use 87 octane don't waste the money on 93. The bike is tuned from the factory to run just fine on 87
Just to clarify, using higher octane doesnt bother anything except your wallet. A higher octane rating is the fuels ability to withstand the tendency toward pre-ignition from excessive cylinder heat caused by any number of normal (compression, etc) or abnormal (low coolant level, etc) things.
The 'Bus CAN run fine on 87, but IMO, why take chances on something this simple? The small price of higher octane is WAY worth it compared to finding out that your timing (or compression, or engine temp, etc... ) was a bit high and you had detonation that you might not have heard (ESPECIALLY at its onset, as in the case of slow coolant loss coupled with high ambient temps), and NOW yer rippin' the motor down to replace a bent valve or a holed piston.
Im just sayin' that running a higher octane is a little extra insurance that I dont mind paying just to ward off evil sheet thats not necessary, and could have easily been prevented by using something a bit more resistant to pre-ignition than 87 is.
:goodidea:

yall got me in the middle with the gas...so i tried 89 today but like above i dont mind paying for 93 for a piece of mind and thinking about it i havent bought 87 at all in my life(cars or bikes) so i really dont look as a lost because never had the "savings"....so next tank will be 93 and plus we only talking 5 gallons on busa but my car has 25 gallon tank and i dont even think about anything but 93 when i get to the pump

here's a thought...why don't you just jump wire the diagnostics and code it out? ???

Air filter could be clogged or rotted. That will flood the engine and cause backfires and such. When you crank it over do you smell gas? If not fuel filter could be clogged. Is there a tip over sensor on this year bike? Find out how to use a jumper and put it into service mode to pull the error codes from dash display. How cold is it outside or where the bike is kept? Stick with the simple/cheap things and work up from there. Charge your battery, do not jump off cage while it is running. If you do get it running don't forget to burn the carbon off those plugs.

Problem is back

yes my bike stays inside and i remember riding the bike maybe 3 different days and on the last day it took a lil longer than other times for it to start when leaving wal-mart and then i rode over dads house and cut it off so if anything went wrong i could work on it and then it cranked right up and then when i rode it home i also tried starting it again and it cranked right up but i decided to go and start it yesterday and the same exact thing is happening so i dont know what it was because i just changed the plugs to make it work the 1st time, so im hoping its not a bad coil...is it anyway i can take coils off and check them or get checked...well when i get home i will be checking air filter and by the way willl the air box mod help or hurt my air filter because i believe that mod was done on my bike before i got it

Back