What's wrong with my bike? Battery is going dead

Oh, and also I bought a battery tender 2 days ago. Havnt used it yet. I guess I'll get a new battery and hope thats the problem for sure. This is gonna be my 4th battery in 3 years. It will be on the tender every second I'm not riding.

I just borrowed the battery out of my neighbors new R1. Put it in my busa and I have the exact same problem. I would think that takes my battery out of the equation. What should be my next step?

Sounds like the alternator isn't working right. You shouldn't have gone through that many batteries in that short a period of time. The alt. voltage is low according to the manual and what the readings should be if it was a car. I haven't worked on bikes for too long but I work on cars for a few decades and I wasn't totally sure if they both work the same way.

I took my HIDs out and put the stock ones back in. That didn't make any difference. Anyone know what I should do next??

Update.....

I just put a new rectifier on and no luck. It didn't make any difference. I was doing some more searching and noticed a common question people that have my problem are asked, "Did you drop your bike?".

My bike has fallen over and I had a Woodcraft stator cover installed to replace the scuffed up stock one. Could this be giving me problems? Did the guy maybe do something wrong during the swap? Did the fall maybe cause something to break? Help me out here guys. This is driving me crazy!

if you want to try a stator i have one ill loan you to see if thats it, if it is and you want it,ill make u a deal. if not all you will be out is time and shipping back to me. you might have to change the two small wires on the stator i have. just cut and splice. pm me if your interested i might not get back to this thread for awhile. i do know this one is good, i got it from daniel and it is putting out the juice 14 to 15 volts dc.
"i fixed mine, a broke wire on it is the reason i have an extra one"

if you want to try a stator i have one ill loan you to see if thats it, if it is and you want it,ill make u a deal. if not all you will be out is time and shipping back to me. you might have to change the two small wires on the stator i have. just cut and splice. pm me if your interested i might not get back to this thread for awhile. i do know this one is good, i got it from daniel and it is putting out the juice 14 to 15 volts dc.
"i fixed mine, a broke wire on it is the reason i have an extra one"
Thank You! That is a very nice offer. Before you ship me yours I think I will take a look at mine first. Maybe it can be fixed or maybe there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Can anybody tell what to look for once I take the cover off? Is everything just a visual inspection of the stator. Are any special tools needed?

well one of my three wires was broken into. because of my stupidy when i put the chrome stator cover on, i mounted the wires wrong, over the sensor instead of under, in which the rotor cut one in half. so i would say a good visual would suffice.

Update....

I removed my stator today to look for anything out of place. It looked fine to me but thats not saying much, because I have never looked at a stator before. I took it to the Suzuki dealer and they said it looked fine. They also put their meter to it and said the readings where in spec.

On my way home I decide to put my bike back together and leave it sit until I get the money to take it to the dealer. After installing the stator back into the bike, I figure what the hell.

I started the bike, got my meter out and it's CHARGING!!! I thought it was maybe a false reading because the battery had just came off the tender. I let the battery sit for an hour off the tender. I started it again and its still charging. My readings seem kinda high now though. At idle I was getting around 13.6 volts. 5000RPM - 15 volts.

After going from idle to 5000RPM a couple of times it would change my readings. It would read around 15 volts at idle and drop to 14.7 volts at 5000RPM. Shutting the bike down and restarting would get the voltage readings back to normal.

Any ideas WTF is going on???

Anyone? How would removing my stator and putting it back on cause my bike to start charging again?

Back