Best 'Busa for under $7,000?

I found a 2009 with 48 miles on her for $8800 2 months ago. thats right 48 miles. I think it scared the old guy and he had to sell it.

i like the older ones myself. I have a 2002 i just got with 10k on her. I havent noticed any problems finding parts as they are readily avail almost anywere and also on ebay. Tons of salvage yards have tons of oem parts as well. that does bring up a question thought.....Whats the great thing about the 32 bit ecu/ whats the difference?

Whats the great thing about the 32 bit ecu/ whats the difference?

new lightweight 32-bit ECM with 22- trigger pole sensor providing more precise control of ignition timing and injector operation for each cylinder
above was cut-and-pasted from here: Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa model history

Do you guys have any thoughts on this bike? Condition or price?

Not sure if that is a scrape/crack on the right lower fairing? Hard to make a comment on price since bidding is still in progresss with current high bid @ $5900. Is bike local to you? If not, have you factored in shipping. Don't forget tax/license/fees, etc.

!B2kWTzQBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!hYE)75Z81,zBMjDZJhByQ~~_12.JPG

Last edited:
With some good shopping I would think you could get a gen2 for 7 grand. If you do get a 1st gen though, don't get anything older than 03. 03 and up had the 32 bit ecu, nitrided forks, upgraded starter, intank fuel pump, better clutch, upgraded cam chain tensioner, all the changes through the years put together. Basically just a perfected busa. Not that the earlier bikes were bad, but they just got the first gen completely fine tuned by 03 and up. Bulletproof and reliable as a brick in other words :thumbsup:

Hi There.. :)

I have falled in love with a Busa from 99, and considering to replace My GSX 1100 R with it..

After reading this thread, and around the net several questions comes to my mind.. ???

What was the problem with the Fuelpump on the earlier models.. ? So far I have read that it was only on the 99 and 00 models.., is it correct.. ? , or from what year has this problem been fixed.. ?

From what Year has the cam chain tensioner been upgraded.. ?

What was the problem with clutch since it has been improved.., and from what Year has this been fixed.. ?

I have read that the sub frame for 1999-2000 at the welds can crack.., how big was or is that problem.. ? Should it be a main reason not to by a 99, 00, 01 model.. ?

Is it correct that the Frames should be made of steel from 02->

If anyone can answer these questions I be very grateful.., Thanks in advance..

Back