Which Gen Busa?

No turbo for me. I just want a bike that I can go on. I like to do 200 mile days. I am in California and want to do some long distance rides. Call me crazy, but I want to ride from California to Tenn and then on to Ga. Stay in both places for a few days with family, turn around and head back home.

I like speed, power, and going fast, but as Clint said, man has got to know his limitations.
There are times and places to go fast.

I have liked the Busa for years and in a few months will have the money to buy one. :laugh:
Are you sure you want a busa for that kind of riding? They aint the most comfy machines for long distance stuff. In fact they can kinda suck. The 14 is actually a better long distance ride. Sounds like you might be better off with a sports tourer like a used connie14 or BMW1200 or the likes if you could afford one. Still very quick bikes that handle well but won't kill you on the interstate trips :laugh:

Bakersfield. I have to wait a few months. I promised my son a car for his 18th birthday.

a most excellent priority :thumbsup: Not sure how the market will be in a few months but I have been watching Gen II prices dip lower and lower. Not uncommon anymore to see used '08/'09 bikes listed under $8000. Best of luck.

P.S. I sold my '01 to a guy also from your neck of the woods (Derrick/Bigfisch)

Last edited:
I rarely see 'Busas of any year/mileage for sale for less than $5-6,000. Seems like price drops for used ones to a certain point, then levels out. Although I feel that it's true that even a Gen I has more in it than most of us can ever utilize, for the same or similar money, a used Gen II can probably be had. I have a Gen I (2007) that I bought 2 years ago for $7,500. That same bike brings practically the same money in today's market - two years later. A Gen II (2008) model is for sale at a local credit union, with an asking price of $7,999. Essentially the same money = buy the Gen II.

CW

No turbo for me. I just want a bike that I can go on. I like to do 200 mile days. I am in California and want to do some long distance rides. Call me crazy, but I want to ride from California to Tenn and then on to Ga. Stay in both places for a few days with family, turn around and head back home.

I like speed, power, and going fast, but as Clint said, man has got to know his limitations.
There are times and places to go fast.

I have liked the Busa for years and in a few months will have the money to buy one. :laugh:

To me, going from the Bandits to the Busa was a perfect solution. Wife loved the Bandits for comfort. But with a few mods and adjustments, she now says that the Busa has the best back seat of any stock bike I have owned. Risers make a world of difference for longer hauls.

You cant go wrong with any busa.. I went from bandit to Busa myself.. I dont regret a second of it.. still have the bandit tho.. kinda crashed it..

I use the Busa for long (sport touring rides) two up rides with my wife. Ironically, I purchased the Busa at the request of my wife because she didn't like riding on the back of my 08 GSXR 1000 and my Bandit at the time was a daily diver for me. I have tried talking her in to a Kawsaki 14 and the 14 Connie and she won't have any part of it. We have done multiple 600 mile days in a row, most of the time with some kind of mountain roads involved, and she is just convinced that the Busa presents the best package for what we do. I have to admit that although I see the beauty of a Connie 14, I don't get tired putting the long distance miles on the Busa. It does everything so well that the only think I am sure she will want to replace it with is another Busa. Maybe when the last kid is out of the house I'll be able to talk her in to a true sports tourer? lol's Anyway, I don't care what kind of bike you have had, if you are open minded it will be very difficult not to fall in love with the Busa.

I use the Busa for long (sport touring rides) two up rides with my wife. Ironically, I purchased the Busa at the request of my wife because she didn't like riding on the back of my 08 GSXR 1000 and my Bandit at the time was a daily diver for me. I have tried talking her in to a Kawsaki 14 and the 14 Connie and she won't have any part of it. We have done multiple 600 mile days in a row, most of the time with some kind of mountain roads involved, and she is just convinced that the Busa presents the best package for what we do. I have to admit that although I see the beauty of a Connie 14, I don't get tired putting the long distance miles on the Busa. It does everything so well that the only think I am sure she will want to replace it with is another Busa. Maybe when the last kid is out of the house I'll be able to talk her in to a true sports tourer? lol's Anyway, I don't care what kind of bike you have had, if you are open minded it will be very difficult not to fall in love with the Busa.

Have seen a number of former Bandit riders that have made the switch with no regrets. I rode an 09 Dyna Low for 1 full year just to get my wife to appriciate the finer aspects of the Busa. Hard now to get a ride by myself.

fwiw - I strongly prefer the Gen II over the gen I - but if that much long distance is a factor I will say the Gen I is more cushy and has a more comfortable seat. Let us know how it sorts..

The gen II got a few updates... I'd love to have one, as long as it's the black and orange one! Some guys hate the new tails (I do) some guys love 'em.

My advice is to buy the lowest mileage, most well maintained, newest bike you can afford.

Agreed. (Esp @ the tail)

I think the front half of the gen2 looks awesome, very aggressive and muscular. Unfortunately I also think that tail is (literally) butt-ugly. I'm just not sure how they could get the front curves all so right and get the back so wrong :laugh:

Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Back