Front Caliper Upgrade For 1999 Rx

Gray

Registered
Hi all
Im after a front caliper upgrade for my 1999 RX model, I have looked hi and low for Brembo but the main dealer who Brembo quote as my local stockist is Laguna's in Maidstone, Kent who are quoting best part of £800 which looking at other Busa models on eBay seem well over priced (there known for this too).
Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative or a uk stockist. I do a lot of 2 up touring so need the stopping power, I have already upgraded hoses.
Thanks

Hi all
Im after a front caliper upgrade for my 1999 RX model, (...)

sorry for that super late answering :lol:

but i found your post only by chance via an other posting here

you definitely need NO technical update
you only have to make a deep cleaning of both calipers every 30-35000 km
and the brake can be finely dosed again with significantly less manual force .
see my homepage here

aaaaaaand
if this force is still too high for you, install a radial pump with dia 17mm (like from ducati 749/999) and you only need 2-3 fingers for a stoppi.

but the deep cleaning every 30-35 tk km remains with the Tociko 6-piston calipers.

A Radial master cylinder is also a noticeable upgrade, and you would benefit more by replacing it and pads before a caliper upgrade.

but - and pls believe me - i have lots of experience with 6-piston-tokicos - even if you have a radial master - when the pistons and the rubber seals inside caliper got more than 30/35000 km (3-4 years) they have to be deeply cleaned.
if not the radial pump will become worthless !

but - and pls believe me - i have lots of experience with 6-piston-tokicos - even if you have a radial master - when the pistons and the rubber seals inside caliper got more than 30/35000 km (3-4 years) they have to be deeply cleaned.
Radial M/C improved the brakes on my K8 which had 78,000kms at the time, haven’t been rebuilt by me in the 51,000kms of ownership.

Yes, I do brake maintenance.

Back