Cometic head gasket on a stock Busa..

Why are u sleeving the block
Because the cylinder has some distorsion (if i translate correct), so i decided to sleeve cylinders but with stock bore. And thank you for answer about gasket! Now remains the question the thickness of the gasket.

If half a thousandth(.01mm) is the true measurement of how much the block was resurfaced/how much material was removed, that is insignificant, and will not require any change to the gasket thickness.
.01mm equates to roughly 1/8th the thickness of a standard sheet of notebook paper.
Make sure you have the decimal in the right place.

If half a thousandth(.01mm) is the true measurement of how much the block was resurfaced/how much material was removed, that is insignificant, and will not require any change to the gasket thickness.
.01mm equates to roughly 1/8th the thickness of a standard sheet of notebook paper.
Make sure you have the decimal in the right place.
You are right. I checked with my master and he say that was 0.1mm not 0.01mm. Sorry for wrong information. And he measured an old gasket, it was about 0.03 inch thickness. How i understand, if old gasket is stock, so i can order new stock gasket and thats all. Guys, if you have your opinion about this, tell me please)

Hi guys, need your help. I have a 2006 busa and do an engine rebuild. I am sleeving my block (bore is still stock - 81mm) and cut a 0.01 mm (0.0004 inch?) from top of the block. And now i need to choose a head gasket (thicker). So i have some questions. In USA tuning companies i found a gaskets with different thiknes - 0.018, 0.030. What thikness would you recomended? And i still dont understand, what thikness of stock head gasket? And another question, in shops the year is indicated like 99-2023, sometimes - 99-2016. It means that head gasket is similar at all of generations? I will be very grateful for the answer!
There is not enough room to sleeve the block, and why would you?

There is not enough room to sleeve the block, and why would you?
Because the cylinder has some distorsion. You think the distance between cylinders too small for sleeving? But some busa owners do this and bikes are riding. I can attached photos of my block

photo_2022-08-07_22-13-26.jpg

photo_2022-08-07_22-13-31.jpg

What thickness is a factory Gen 1 Busa head gasket? I am pondering a compression increase myself and want to remove my base gasket. .018 seem kinda thin and .030 seem kinda thick. Anyone make something in the .025 range?

**I believe the stock base gasket is.010", so if you swap it for a .005" gasket you can use the.030" head gasket (would be like using a.025" when you add it all together).

Back