Any Salsa lovers here?

looks good. My specialty dip is bean dip...no not from the can an actual recipe.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
. Do the same with the jalapeños, let the skin char so that it will slough off easily. [/quote]Fire roasted chilies and tomatoes sounds awesome.... we used to put them in a paper bag to help peel the skins (mostly on green chilies) not sure what the paper bag had to do with it but it did help for peeling chilies.. now about the day and a half of burning fingers...
smile.gif

Suzuki4life... use 1 jalapeno (NO SEEDS) and let your salsa sit for 24 hours... taste and determine if the heat is enough..it will be pretty mild..

Those look like the same ingredients that I've used before except jalapeno's. I put freshly squeezed lime in it but the key is CILANTRO!!! mmmmmm I loove me some cilantro!!!

I know this is the Salsa thread but since BlueHaya mentioned bean dip, y'all oughtta try out my specialty chili dip:

1 can Hormel Chili w/ no beans
1 pckg lowfat Philadelphia Cream Cheese (no store brands)
Combine in a pot on the stove or crockpot, low to medium heat, stir continuously until completely mixed. Once mixed, keep on low heat.

You HAVE to use the scoops chips for this dip. I PROMISE it is da bomb!!

Those look like the same ingredients that I've used before except jalapeno's. I put freshly squeezed lime in it but the key is CILANTRO!!! mmmmmm I loove me some cilantro!!!

I know this is the Salsa thread but since BlueHaya mentioned bean dip, y'all oughtta try out my specialty chili dip:

Combine in a pot on the stove or crockpot, low to medium heat, stir continuously until completely mixed. Once mixed, keep on low heat.

Well all you need is enough for say ..... 30 people at Spring bash
smile.gif

BlueHaya.... wheres the recipe??? can not post something like that and hold out on us
smile.gif

smile.gif

Mine has most of what everyone has already said but I like a lot of Garlic and throw in Cumin too. No set Recipe just a little of this and a little of that till it tastes good to me!

Tomatoes-I mix it up with nice firm Beefsteak and Roma's. If they are too ripe I will get rid of the seeds and goo in the middle and just use the meat of the tomato.
White Onion-Walla walla's are too sweet.
Garlic-If you like it pour it on, if not skip it.
Jalapeno's or Habanero's depending on how long you want it to last:)
Lime
Cilantro
Cumin
Chili powder
Salt or Adobo Seasoning
drools.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif

You guys SUCK- I just had to head over to Abuelo's for a Tecate and some salsa, chips, and Queso Diablo...

Hey, any experts (maybe Projekt as our .org token?
smile.gif
) shed any light on the Anejo tequilas they advertise at restaurants? Abuelo's has a nice page on the Anejo's advertising them as a fine, sipping tequila aged a year or more in oak casks and charge $9, 12, 20, and $40 a SHOT for them!! All hype to dupe clueless gringos, or is it worth it?
rock.gif

Well all you need is enough for say ..... 30 people at Spring bash
smile.gif

BlueHaya.... wheres the recipe???   can not post something like that and hold out on us
smile.gif
BlueHaya Bean Dip:

1 can refried beans
1 can rotel tomatoes
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
2 small cans of slice black olives
1/4 cup chives

Heat beans, rotel, sour cream, and 1/2 of cheese over medium-low heat.  When it is warm add the chives and black olives and stir.  Pour it into a server (bowl) and top with remaing cheese.  Serve with chips.

smile.gif

Ok how about a request??

My godmother had a family recipe for chili verde that we would serve up in a bowl as a regular chili or as burritos... This was a real south of the border recipe (She was from Bisbee AZ and her mom from MX) and I was too young to realize I should learn how to make it..

Oh it also worked really well for huevos rancheros .... dang this thread is making me really hungry

Gary, just use less jalapenos...
I could've eaten that stuff ten years ago....but it ain'tpretty when i try now.

I remember couple years ago, Pizza Hut with some guys.

Supreme and a meat lover's.....between the grease and bell peppers I went into the sweats and turned pale to the point the manager came out and offered to call EMS.

1/2hour to and hour and normally I am fine but during that time no one would want to offer me a quick end. Tears me up pretty bad.

Chi Chi's...now THAT was some salsa. Looks like a similar receipe?

Gary, just use less jalapenos...
I could've eaten that stuff ten years ago....but it ain'tpretty when i try now.

I remember couple years ago, Pizza Hut with some guys.

Supreme and a meat lover's.....between the grease and bell peppers I went into the sweats and turned pale to the point the manager came out and offered to call EMS.

1/2hour to and hour and normally I am fine but during that time no one would want to offer me a quick end. Tears me up pretty bad.

Chi Chi's...now THAT was some salsa. Looks like a similar receipe?
It's the seeds in the peppers that make it hot. Take the seeds out of the jalapeno's and you still get the flavor, just not the heat.

Mmmmmmm - all those sound good! I'll hafta try some! I also agree with Bogus - we should have some at the Bash! There's plenty of times when we're all just sitting around the fire and some salsa would go great!
thumb_up.gif

I like to make a mild salsa - I've always just made it, never really paid attention to proportions, just what tasted good...

several tomatoes, diced
white onion, diced
red onion, diced
bunch of cilantro, diced
canned corn - whole kernels, drained & rinsed
can of black beans, drained & rinsed
salt, to taste
minced garlic to taste
fresh lime juice

I will bring my outside burner.... we can do a big Irish stew one night (the stew from Caps inspired that one), John has the BBQ for another night... any other ideas? Hmmmm never plan menus when starving...

I'm trying ALL of these recipes! I was just watching the Food Network's "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and we really need to have a throwdown at the Busa Bash! Maybe some kind of prize for the winner?
beerchug.gif

Ever since my Mom Died I just Go to the Store and Buy it.... Nothing, and I Mean Nothing compared to my Mom's Cooking. "God Bless Her Soul"
sad.gif

Back