For those of you who like spicy

Rongotti

Registered
It has been an unusually cold winter here in Florida (seriously not joking lol) and I decided I wanted to take your basic chili recipe and spice it up a bit. Bring on my soon to be infamous 7 pepper chili :)

One of my good friends owns a Thai retaurant (best in Florida) and he grows all types of peppers. He put me on to the rediculously hot ghost pepper. It is something like 1200 times hotter than a jalepeno lol. Here is my recipe that I made and I hope someone trys it at least :) I brought a crock pot of it to work and it dissapeared in like 20 minutes. It is also awesome to use ritz crackers to scoop it like you would chips and salsa. For the more faint hearted or if ghost peppers are hard for you to find you can obmit them it still tastes good and pretty damn hot!!!! :saburn: lol

Ingredients
* 2 pounds ground chuck coarse ground is best * 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, un-drained * 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce * 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I don't like kidney beans you can leave these out if you want) * 1 medium onion, chopped * 1 green pepper, chopped * 1 red pepper, chopped * 3 habanero peppers, chopped * 5 chili peppers, chopped * 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped * 1 hot finger pepper, chopped * 5 ghost peppers, chopped * 2 cloves garlic, minced * 3 tablespoons chili powder * 2 teaspoons salt * 1 teaspoon fresh ground peppercorn * Cheddar cheese to garnish * 3 to 5 more jalapeno peppers to garnish
Directions
1. Brown ground beef over medium heat and drain.
2. Cut up peppers, and onion.
3. Place veggies into a slow cooker.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
6. Garnish individual servings with cheese and fresh raw (they are hotter that way) jalapenos.
Footnotes
Dont be scared when you see it cooking, the first time I cooked this I almost added more tomato sauce. After 10 hrs on the slowcooker on low it will be the perfect texture. You will end up with aboout 3/5th of the crockpot full. You can leave off the ghost peppers if you want to, it will still be pretty spicy as the habanero's are not for the faint hearted either.

I also put it on allrecipes.com if you want to review it for me :)

Ghost perrpers are awesome :saburn: Where do you get them at? online?

ghost pepper are dangerous lol, i have two hot sauces with that as the main ingredient, i coax all my buddies who think they can handle spicy into eating it on their chili or pizza:saburn:

I am soooooo going to have to try this....I love hot foods. I have a thai place near me so I think I will see if they will sell me some peppers. My wife is mexican and she can't eat anything near as hot as I make stuff when its just me eating it. Im always telling her that Im going to take her mexican card from her.

I'm no longer able to eat fire but I will try the recipe toned down a little.....it looks like a great blend of stuff. I'll probably use ground turkey instead of beef.....Thanks for posting this!

That does sound really spicy. I think the next time i make chili i will be using your recipe. *copy and Paste*:laugh: :thumbsup:

dude why did you have to say thai....i havent ate good thai since i left daytona

3 scotch bonnets? wow.
i'll give it a try, its cold outside, and i have some antelope i need to eat up. :thumbsup:
thanks for the recipe. :beerchug:

I am soooooo going to have to try this....I love hot foods. I have a thai place near me so I think I will see if they will sell me some peppers. My wife is mexican and she can't eat anything near as hot as I make stuff when its just me eating it. Im always telling her that Im going to take her mexican card from her.

Yea Charlie it comes out really good, I had 2 people at work that normally dont like spicy but it was so good they ate it anyway. LOL I made that one without the ghost peppers.

Back