Homemade chili..wish me luck

this is funny cause I just did the samething:laugh:

Mine turned out WAY better than I expected. mine was this

1 lb sirloin burger
.5.lb sausage
.5 lb. extra lean beef
1 lb. canned chili mix beans
2 cups elbow noodles (first time ever using)
1 lb. crushed tomatoes
.5 lb. diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chili powder
tblsp basil
tblsp tyme
tblsp salt
tblsp pepper

:thumbsup:

The review:

I threw some shredded jack and cheddar on top of a bowl of Doug's Infamous Chili, and mmmmmmmmmmm. It was goooooood!!!!! The chili was followed up by a fresh slice of garlic buttered sourdough, and Henry Weinhard's Root Beer.

The chili might have had a bit too much chili powder. Next time I'll reduce the chili powder and increase the habanero each by a tsp.

My mouth is still tingling from the chili. My roommate also said it was really good. I think I would call my first chili recipe a success.
Maaaaaan,,, that sounded good!

The review:

I threw some shredded jack and cheddar on top of a bowl of Doug's Infamous Chili, and mmmmmmmmmmm. It was goooooood!!!!! The chili was followed up by a fresh slice of garlic buttered sourdough, and Henry Weinhard's Root Beer.

The chili might have had a bit too much chili powder. Next time I'll reduce the chili powder and increase the habanero each by a tsp.

My mouth is still tingling from the chili. My roommate also said it was really good. I think I would call my first chili recipe a success.

Enjoy.

:beerchug:

Glad you had success and no one was rushed to the ER ...

I adjusted my recipe for the next time I make it:

12oz black beans
12oz red kidney beans
2.5 tbsp of dark Chili powder
1 tbsp of garlic and oregano
1 tsp fresh cut Basil
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 lb of lean diced steak
1/3 green pepper
10oz diced tomatoes
1/2 medium yellow onion
2.5 tbsp liquefied habanero
2 tbsp ketchup
8oz of yellow corn (sounded good)
1 cup prego original spaghetti sauce
1 cups water.

Slow cook for 6 to 8 hours in a crock pot.

Top with shredded jack and cheddar cheese, and galric buttered bread. Serve with a Henry Weinhard's Root Beer and enjoy.

Drink water, eat sugar, what else do they recommend ? suck a lime ... Hang in there baby :beerchug:

Slow cooker will be your new best friend!!!!

Glad the chilli turned out great!!

Also, if you like corn bread, that goes quite well with chilli too. :thumbsup:

Back