And it continues...

Thanks. I think they've got the confusion figured out. According to the last person I talked to, it is sitting in a trailer waiting to be brought to my local terminal Monday AM and should be delivered Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I don't have much faith in them any more.

Bullet - Sorry you had hassles with UPS. I've butted heads with them several times too. From my experience, the same kind of random problems also happen with US Mail and Federal Express. On one occasion, I shipped a set of $1,200 wheels to a buyer via UPS. My customer and I had agreed on a COD Money Order because he didn't have any plastic. After 10 days, the Money Order had not gotten to me from UPS although they admitted that they HAD received it when the wheels were delivered. They said it could not be found--they lost it. :mad: Several hours later, after six or seven lengthy phone conversations with UPS Customer Service, they agreed to send me a $1,200 UPS check. I finally got the check six weeks later. I don't do COD's anymore because of that!

Two weeks ago, I received several BDE exhaust systems by UPS. One of the boxes was slightly crushed. I opened it for an inspection and two header assemblies were dinged with small, but obvious dents. It takes a good blow to deform hard stainless tubes that are well packaged with bubble wrap. I filed a claim on behalf of BDE and told Brock about the situation. He said he has seen them THROW boxes off their trucks. Being a reasonable businessman, he immediately shipped me replacements without charge even though he might, or might not, be reimbursed by UPS.

Hang in there. If you feel like cursing when you unwrap all the various parts, you'll understand why YOUR package contents are so heavily wrapped. :sad:

Yeah, Tom. Somehow I figured you'd pack my stuff so that a newborn infant would have survived shipping if wrapped the same. You just seem like a great business man. I hope we can do more business in the future. :super: :beerchug:

here is my glow job

j/k ....looks the same as yours without the text......MY guess is the pipe he's showing you is the one from the site without the text....granted I'm not saying your(bullet train's) pipe won't look like that but your pic and the one from veltunes site look remarkably similar.  same color display cloth and those little  round things in the background.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067087134 -->

I love that polished look.since we are on the exhaust subject
i thought i ask a question. does the header flange need a
gasket???i just installed mine last night (akropovic full system)
mine doe not come with gasket but the paper the comes with the system says i have to put a gasket. any idea?? :)

I'll try to get it to some scales and get you some numbers. Not sure where to weight an exhaust though. Maybe some postal scales at my Father's business... I'll see what I can do.
Quick & dirty weigh...

Weigh yourself on the bathroom (or gym) scale,
weigh yourself while holding the exhaust,
subtract the small # from the big #.
This will get you in the ballpark.

fst - Good eyes. Both pics are Bullet's parts (same picture, the smaller one resized by me and edited by Bullet himself to improve quality).

vince - Exhaust gaskets should have been in place with your factory headers. They are just thick, round gaskets with copper crush rings located inside the exhaust ports. If you did not remove them, you still have them with the new system. When you remove the factory headers, they tend to remain where they are and can usually be reused, at least once, without leakage. If you have no exhaust leakage at your exhaust ports, you should be fine.

here is my glow job

j/k ....looks the same as yours without the text......MY guess is the pipe he's showing you is the one from the site without the text....granted I'm not saying your(bullet train's) pipe won't look like that but your pic and the one from veltunes site look remarkably similar.  same color display cloth and those little  round things in the background.
Yeah, the pic on the site is the one he took of my pieces and sent me. I edited it (cleaned it up and adjusted tonality and added the current text with drop shadow) for him to use on the site. The version he was using on his site is attached to this post. So, he isn't showing me a standard pic that may vary from my pieces. He's showing my pieces as an example of the Glow Job. If anything, what the next guy gets might vary from the picture on the site but my system IS the one in the photo. Make sense? :super:

Here's the original photo of my pieces that he had on the site before I sent him the edited version.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067132103 -->

bde8.jpg

yeah makes perfect sense...I use photoshop alot to edit pics. I just thought I would say something...sounds like you know a little something about image editting with drop shadows and such.  I like the pics.  Shoulda added some blur,mirroring, or bevel effect or some graphics to the pic.  Anyway glad to see you got a pic on the site.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067152461 -->

You got that thing installed yet BT?  Inquiring empty minds want to know! :laugh:
Won't be here until Monday... if it gets here then. It's still in UPS' clumsy hands. Supposed to reach my terminal and go out for delivery tomorrow. I'm working tomorrow and tuesday so I won't get to start the install until at least wednesday. I'm also waiting on my PAIR block off kit from Reaper Racing and don't know when I'll get that. I'll be sure and post pics and comments when I get it on there though. Wouldn't want those empty minds to want for info.  :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067183117 -->

BulletTrain,

Hurry up and install that bad boy.  I finished mine last week and it's a night and day difference!  If I could only keep the front end on the ground, I should be able to get mid 9's out of her!

I would post pics but I am having computer problems at the house and can't burn the pics to a CD to load at work.  Soon though...........

Josh :cool:
Which system did you go with? I remember a thread about it laying in the living room but don't remember which system it was. Did you actually feel a power difference after the install of a full system?

I can't wait to hear it on my busa at full song! My only real regret is that I won't have leather in time to do 1/4 mile testing in stock form this year. By next season it'll be modded with PCIIIR & exhaust at the very least and probably more. I'm kind of leaning toward a big bore kit (1397) So, I won't have stock times to compare to. Should have some decent times when I'm done though.  :devil:
BulletTrain,

I have the BDE Gen III full system and you will love it, it sounds sooooooo good!

The power difference is night and day! I did some role-ons with my buddy and over 5k I just leave him BAD! The only poblem is I can't keep the front end down at the track. I have only improved my times to 9.8 @ 142 mph because the front tire is in the air through first and second gear.

Let me know what you find out about the 1397. I would like to do something like that but can't decide if that's the route to go or TURBO!?!? :super:

Josh
blues.gif

BulletTrain,

I have the BDE Gen III full system and you will love it, it sounds sooooooo good!  

The power difference is night and day!  I did some role-ons with my buddy and over 5k I just leave him BAD!  The only poblem is I can't keep the front end down at the track.  I have only improved my times to 9.8 @ 142 mph because the front tire is in the air through first and second gear.

Let me know what you find out about the 1397.  I would like to do something like that but can't decide if that's the route to go or TURBO!?!? :super:  

Josh  
blues.gif
Thanks for the feedback on the BDE. I can't wait to see, hear and feel it! :cool: What kind of PCIIIR map are you running with the BDE? A BDE map, or other? :super: If you're running the BDE map, how is driveability? As in, is it smooth shitfing and all, or is it clunky down low. My cheese map has spoiled me to smooth driveability. I'd hate to give up the smooth shifting again.

I filed a claim on behalf of BDE and told Brock about the situation. He said he has seen them THROW boxes off their trucks.
Every time I think about UPS I think about Jim Carey in Ace Ventura:pet Detective when he's dressed like a UPS driver (not called UPS in the movie) playing soccer with that fake package on the way to recover that dog. :laugh:

Ok, I think UPS has got the mix up figured out. My Hindle shows to be out for delivery from the correct terminal as of around 0400 hrs this morning. Should have it today if the driver doesn't screw me and "not have time to come by". It has happened...

Anyway, as soon as I get my PAIR block off kit from reaper the install will be underway. I'll probably go ahead and start tearing her down tonight so I'm ready to rock n roll when the kit gets here. I'll try to take some step by step photos and keep some notes on the install for those interested.

Wish me luck with UPS!

BulletTrain,
Thanks for the feedback on the BDE. I can't wait to see, hear and feel it!  :cool: What kind of PCIIIR map are you running with the BDE? A BDE map, or other? :super: If you're running the BDE map, how is driveability? As in, is it smooth shitfing and all, or is it clunky down low. My cheese map has spoiled me to smooth driveability. I'd hate to give up the smooth shifting again.
I have a BDE map that they programmed in the PCIIIR when I bought it. Driveability is silky smoooooth, far better than stock! No clunky or low end hickups at all.

I highly recommend Brock and ALL his products. If you have any problems he won't hang you out to dry. He is a really nice guy, takes care of his people and stands behind ALL his products! www.brockdavidson.com/

Josh
pirate.gif

Thanks Josh. Your comments about the BDE exhaust and maps mirror what I got from WarBaby and others. I don't foresee any problems with the BDE/Hindle. I'll probably start my tear down tonight. I'm still waiting for my PAIR block off kit from reaper. I sort of wish I had gone with the BDE block off kit.

By the way, it arrived yesterday. Wow! The photos here don't do Tom's polish job justice. It was also packaged as expected. Took about 30 minutes to unwrap everything. A newborn infant could have survived shipping if it was wrapped like Tom wrapped like my exhaust. Tom is a class act and has been nothing but professional throughout this transaction. I will definitely be doing business with him again in the future.

In reference to my UPS concerns, I almost got screwed by the UPS driver... AGAIN. I had the exhaust shipped to my Dad's office so I knew for sure that someone would be to sign for it. I just happened to be there when the UPS truck came. The driver brought in some parts for Dad but no exhaust. I signed for Dad's stuff and asked him didn't he have another package for (insert Dad's business street address) in my name. The ignorant sumbich says, "Yeah, I'm going by there when I leave here." Friggin' idiot! After I explain to him that he is "there", he goes out and gets my exhaust off of the truck. He points to a house nearby and says, "I thought it went there." Where does UPS find these MORONS?!?

Anyway, Tom @ Veltune is good people. I can't say enough good things about my experience with him on this deal! I'm going to start another thread to give him the props he deserves. His sponsorship and participation in this board is definitely an asset! Thanks again, Tom! :super:

I can't wait to get this thing on the busa!!!

Back