Stealth carbon can pic>>>

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I was bored...
biggrin.gif
Actually, I photochopped this mod yesterday and after seein' the results in the quick & dirty digital removal of the Akra decal I knew it was a definite winner. In the photochop it looked like it changed the appearance of the entire bike and added a touch of class. It might be a bit more accurate to say it eliminated a bit of cheap logo cheese rather than actually improvin' the bike it's self. Either way, with the Akrapovic logo decal removed the whole bike just flows better to me.

The decal was the foil backed type and came of rather easily. Very little adhesive actually remained on the carbon instead of comin' off with the decal. What little stayed was easily removed by wrappin' the decal around my thumb, stickin' a section back down and pullin' it away quickly. After the tiny bit of adhesive residue was pulled off I gave the whole can a quick polish job usin' some "swirl remover" that the paint store rep gave me to try. It's not a Tom @ Veltune polish job but I was surprised how much the quick hand polishin' job actually glossed the can up.
wink.gif

Ok, enough talk, here's the "after" pic...

37833920.jpg

The closest thing I've got to a similar overcast lighting "before" pic is this one from yesterday taken while a cloud had the sun hidden...

37809057.jpg

It's amazing how different it looks. I almost miss that decal, but stealth is in!

Check dis quick & dirty photochop total blackout job I just did...
drooling3.gif
super.gif
I think the rotors and the can ends should stay natural. Everything else needs to be brought on over to the dark side.
wink.gif

37834584.jpg

Yep, that's it. What do you think someone would charge to color the forks? Is it as simple as powdercoatin' them?

Definately the stealth look!!! BT, like MSF said, that is one fuggin' nasty lookin 10R.
cool.gif

Yep, that's it. What do you think someone would charge to color the forks? Is it as simple as powdercoatin' them?
Yes, I have found my way. I now know what I must do to make the 10 the baddest mofo it can be... Stealth it is!!!
super.gif

Dunno about the fork tubes. I may see about gettin' 'em black anodized. That'll be the only problem... the forks... The rest can either be powdercoated or painted, no problem.
wink.gif

Yep, that's it.  What do you think someone would charge to color the forks?  Is it as simple as powdercoatin' them?
Yes, I have found my way. I now know what I must do to make the 10 the baddest mofo it can be... Stealth it is!!!
super.gif

Dunno about the fork tubes. I may see about gettin' 'em black anodized. That'll be the only problem... the forks... The rest can either be powdercoated or painted, no problem.
wink.gif
If not black annodized, does Kawi make a set of silver to fit the 10? That would even look better than the gold. I even wish I had a set of silver for the Busa.

super.gif

wink.gif
If not black annodized, does Kawi make a set of silver to fit the 10? That would even look better than the gold. I even wish I had a set of silver for the Busa.
I haven't seen a set of Kawi silver forks on any 10r's anywhere on the net.
rock.gif

Back