Paint Prep Questions????

swimmer7946

Registered
I bringing my fairings and tank to the paint guy on monday... I'm just doing a solid color with no graphics w just a touch of metallic flake....i like the look of a clean bike....anyways I stripped down the plastics and removed all rubber grommets, etc and i was wondering if I should take the time to remove the decals. I'm guessing the paint guy will scuff the plastics and add filler and primer to get a nice surface for adhesion....am I just wastin time removing the decals or will it just give me that nicer of a finish....I'm on a bit of a budget and this guy giving me a 10 day turnaround on short notice so I want to make his job that much easier.......

get going about 30 mph and fall over...thats seems to remove them really well...lol j/k
hair dryer or heat gun....never hold it in one place to long....and some spray gel goo be gone or goof off....will finish up the glue residue....

if you can remove them i would go ahead and remove them before you bring them to him. it saves him time and makes his job easier. as a painter myself i know he would appreciate it.
how much is he charging you for the paint job, just curious.

Back