I'll try again

Blaze

Registered
Hello everyone!!! I have not posted in a longtime, but have been spending a lot of time reading your posts and using the search function to learn all I can about the busa. This board is full of information and members that are willing to help. I bought my 04 Blue/Silver last October and planned to keep it stock. However, as you know, that is virtually impossible. Below is a list of modifications and pics (I know you like them) that I have done so far as well as my personal thoughts about these mods.

ZG DB windshield
Clear turn signals
JMV undertail with clear LEDs
JMV tire hugger
Proteck Prolite foot pegs
BDE-Hindle Gen 3
PAIR block off
PCIIIR
Air box mod
Muzzy aluminum fan
43t rear sprocket
Speedohealer
Garmin V GPS
Chrome wheels
Zanio and Mothers Billet metal polish

I think the ZG DB windshield or equivalent is a must for tall riders. I personally think it looks better than stock and at 6’4’’, I can now see the instruments without bending over.

I had a very hard time choosing an undertail. The Topgun, UFO, etc. look very nice. However, I went with the JMV undertail with clear LEDs and the JMV tire hugger. Overall, I am very pleased with these products. They are top notch in quality and the stock paint color is a perfect match. You have to request the clear LEDS and they cost an additional $35.00.

The Proteck Prolite foot pegs give an additional inch or so in leg room and save about a pound or so in weight. http://www.protekk.com/index.p....c5903e.

As a lot of you know, the BDE-Hindle GEN 3 Street Smart System is a very nice product. I bought mine from Tom Veltune, aka Warbaby. Tom is a class act. He is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. I went with the polished midpipe and titanium muffler, PAIR block off, air box mod and PCIIIR. It looks great, sounds great and the performance is outstanding. I used Brocks map with some very minor changes (splitting hairs) and went from 155 to 169 rwhp on 87 octane pump gas for a total gain of 14 rwhp.

The Muzzy aluminum fan was added for additional cooling as it gets very hot and humid in the South.

I installed a 43t steel rear sprocket and overall very pleased with the results. It definitlly adds some grunt down low. I would not say it is a wheelly machine, but it will power wheely fairly easy in first gear. If I run it through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at full throttle, it comes up in 1st, 2nd and it feels like it is barely touching the road or slightly off the road when shifting to 3rd. I may be wrong about this 3rd gear observation, but thats what my inexperience butt feels. Anyway, I do like this gearing.

The speedohealer is a nice product. I got the harness so I could see my top speed at the touch of a button located near my instrument panel (see pic). Before I got my GPS, I didn’t know what percent error to use to calibrate the unit. With stock tires, stock wheels, good tread and 17/43 gearing, the percent error is +16.7 That gives you a -14.3 value to enter into the unit. This value is spot on with my GPS. You also get good support from the web site, but it is through email and usually answered within 24 hrs.

There are a number of GPS options these days, but I like the Garmin V for my bike. Finding a good mount was a little difficult. I went with a wide platform short stem stand mount from and a RAM GPS V cradle from You can request a short stem for the stem stand mount which gives it a much lower profile.

My chrome wheels are stock busa wheels that were exchanged for chrome ones.

Zanio, need I say more. http://www.zainostore.com Mother’s Billet metal polish is a great product. http://www.motherspolish.com Tom Veltune recommended it and I am sold.

Anyway, that is what I‘ve done so far. I realize this is old news for the vast majority of you. However, I thought it might help out some of us newbees, etc. What a great bike and forum we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the pics if I did this right!!!

Busa_1.jpg

That is the button from the speedohealer harness that alows you to press it and see your top speed. That is what I am doing in the above pic that shows a top speed of 140 mph.That way you don't have to push the button on the unit wich is located under the hump on my bike.

Back