And it continues...

Meant looking of course. Should proof read before hitting the button. By the way, when you were researching systems, did you consider the Akropovic? I got a buy on a system, and picked up the evolution from a guy going back to stock to sell his bike. :eek:

I looked at every possible system I could find that would fit on a busa. The Akrapovic looked like a good, high quality system with a good look but a little overpriced in my opnion.

I wanted good power for the money, but still wanted a really nice looking system. Based on conversations with Johnnycheese, I narrowed my choices down to two based on power for the dollar. Muzzy and BDE/Hindle. I ended up going with the Hindle for two reasons. It's reputation for low RPM, low throttle manners (as in, not so loud as to draw attention while cruising) and it's looks, especially with Tom's "glow job" polishing. Muzzy offers the best power to dollar ratio, it just didn't tickle my fancy in the looks department with the standard round aluminum can. Going with the better looking cans put the Muzzy a lot closer to the BDE in price. Also, from my understanding, the Muzzy system is a bit louder and would likely draw more attention when I didn't want it.

So, for the sound (levels) and look I was after, I felt that the Hindle was the best choice. I have to say that picking an exhaust has been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make with the busa. The only thing that comes close is my repaint. I can't for the life of me decide how I want to paint it! :drool:

Yeh, paint is a tough one. You want to do something that reflects your taste and is stylish. I painted a Kaw one time and found a good resource was the shops. I went around to look at some of the pictures of stuff they had done and finally settled on a variation of one. When you think you have it, mull it over for awhile and see if it still looks good. Good Luck. :crazy:

My problem is that I have three or four paint jobs that I could do that I really think would be schweet. The thing is I only have one busa. I really need 'bout five busas so I can use all my best ideas! ;)

My problem is that I have three or four paint jobs that I could do that I really think would be schweet. The thing is I only have one busa. I really need 'bout five busas so I can use all my best ideas!  ;)
Or simply paint her 4 or 5 times!  :D
I'm afraid that many high qaulity urethane paint jobs are not in my budget.  :sad:
Chicken...

...okay, just kidding... :tounge:

My problem is that I have three or four paint jobs that I could do that I really think would be schweet. The thing is I only have one busa. I really need 'bout five busas so I can use all my best ideas!  ;)
What about Buying Five Models of the Busa and mulling it over that way. Then you will have five tricked out lil Busa models around the house and you can decide based on which one you end up looking at the most. Then Sell the Others on Ebay as "Custom Painted Busa Models" For $30 bucs a piece. Win Win...

Or just bust into Photoshop and Paint you bike five different ways then decide from the prints.

Orrrrrrrrr...Just get Rev to work on some pics for you...'cause he's good at that stuff...

Back