Am I paying to much?

coreywiley

Registered
Ok! My insurance. I have Progressive because the lizard wouldn't insure because I had a bike stolen three years ago. Anyway! I'm paying just over
$1400 a year. I feel like I'm getting raped. I layed my bike down on 11/22/08 and I thought that I had to call the insurance so I did. Needless to say rather than paying a thousand dollars (my deductiable) I went ahead and paid it out of my pocket. Now I don't think this cause my insurance to go up since the money came out of my pocket. But what are you all paying and who do you have? By the way I have the 08 Busa. Thanks!

Call State Farm ASAP! I pay less than a third of what you do with a $250 deductible, and I totaled a bike while they covered it.

+10000 call state farm. I did and I saved over $500 from what the lizzard wanted. I didnt have an auto policy with them and I had to switch my auto policy to them before they would insure the Busa. I was paying $1800 for full coverage on 2 Dodge vans with another company and because i switched to State Farm saved enuff $$ that It didnt cost me any more for insurance to add the Busa. Im still paying $1800 for ALL 3 VEHICLES instaed of $1800 for just the two vans... :thumbsup:

State Farm for the win. They have great rates on motorcycles. Over $1400 a year should come with some complimentary KY....

I called state farm and they want insure me because My wife has a SR22 plus they say you can't have had tickets or accidents within the last two years or three years maybe more I can't remember. What I am going to try to do is get my wife's name off my car and go from there. Man! I don't want to stay with Progressive.

State Farm here, 220 every 6 months full coverage B-King, 31 dollars every 6months 06 gsxr 1000 liability only

state farm as well. I'm not sure what the bike comes out to but I insure:
2005 Dodge RAM 2500 4x4
1984 Porsche 928
1991 Mazda Miata
2007 Ford Mustang GT
2005 Busa
Wife and I both insured with full coverage on all;
$500 deductible and it costs me $200/month

I won't be changing carriers anytime soon

I also had to switch my auto's over there also.

Try Dairyland if State farm won't insure you. Progressive and Geico are way out of line on sport bikes, but where you live, your credit score, the type of bike and your driving record all figure into the rate quote. Hope you find something better. I pay $35 a month with the only vehicle I have through State Farm being the busa!:thumbsup:

I called state farm and they want insure me because My wife has a SR22 plus they say you can't have had tickets or accidents within the last two years or three years maybe more I can't remember. What I am going to try to do is get my wife's name off my car and go from there. Man! I don't want to stay with Progressive.

Most ask in the past 5 years

Call State Farm ASAP! I pay less than a third of what you do with a $250 deductible, and I totaled a bike while they covered it.

Same here. I could trim the coverage down some and pay even less. I'm 42. It matters alot how old you are. If I was 20, I'd be paying over a grand even with SF. That's the main reason I didn't have bike when I was 20. What do you think most 20 year olds with bikes do for insurance? I hope they pray a lot.

Mythos

If I were to pay for full coverage, it would be $3300/year. State Farm was no better. Clean driving record.

Well guys as it looks like I'm staying with Progressive. Everyone is quoteing me at $2100 or more. I think that it's the area I'm in because folks around here can't drive and most deffently don't watch for bikes. Progressive said that I would have to pay $366.50 For times which (update ) I just got off the phone with Progressive and now my premium is $1,119 a year . Because before when I first got the insurance the guy didn't ask me if I had taken the safty course Plus now I am a home owner. So now I pay like $284 four times. I'm happy now! I can see my air ride in the horizon again and I don't have to sell my Rolex. LOL

Back